• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

vulcan 2 pounder

mike walsh

Master at Arms
Hello ,

It's been awhile to post something here.

This photograph has inspired me to do this anti tank gun.
Taking out 6 tanks is a huge feat for this gun crew .The 4th Anti Tank gun regiment 8th Australian Division A.I.F in Singapore .
I would love to do a diorama to achieve this view although the distance may be a somewhat closer affair then the image portrays .
4thantitankregiment.jpg

Here is the Vulcan 2 pounder finished over the weekend
The gun goes together quite well.The parts are very intricate and it pays to have a sharp No 11 Exacto blade .
There is a lug which you trim off on the base of the mount to make the gun movable .

I have the sovereign 2 pounder as well but I am surprised on how accurate Vulcan have done their 2 pounder gun.The detail is perfect ,the shield looks great and the wheels look scary to put together but certainly look the part when together .

I am going to order the Vulcan gun crew and change the heads on the figures .That will just be the icing on the cake
Here is the layout on the breakdown of the gun.

Made in this way for ease of painting.
2pounderboxes.jpg

2pounderbase.jpg

wheels3.jpg

wheels2.jpg

wheels1.jpg

vulcan2pounderandshield.jpg

vulcan2pounder3.jpg

vulcan2pounder2.jpg

vulcan2pounder1a.jpg

vulcan2pounder1.jpg

vulcan2pounde1b.jpg

The painting and weathering to follow.

Cheers
Michael:)

The Vulcan's had a 2pounder?? (sorry, couldn't resist)

Nice work so far Mike, so are you going for the dio or not?

Thanks for sharing!

I built this gun about a year ago. Its a very nice little kit and goes together fairly quick. Yours looks good so far can't wait for the paint.

Joe

Hiya, Mike! Good to see you back again! This looks like a great canvas for your talents, I'll follow!! (y)

First of all welcome back! Second great looking gun! Ready to see it painted.

Terry B)

Thanks everyone for your kind words.

When you open the box you think it's going to be a horror story to cut the fine parts off the sprue.Its hard to say but the plastic has some flex ,when cutting the handles off the sprue tree I found there was no real issues with all the fine parts.

This gun certainly does not stand out in the crowd with what's on the market nowadays.Back in 1939 -1942 it was supposedly the stop gap for most of the commonwealth anti tank gun units .

I hope to get some paint on this gem next weekend.

Cheers
Michael

I made this little gun some time ago ... a nice kit!. And that shield is a nice surface to get a nice time painting it with several weathering techniques!

thanks guys for the kind words.

Rudi,
Thankfully we had been high and dry with the water from where we live ,20 minutes in either direction and there was devastation and road closures.
Bob,
this 2 pounder will be for a dio ,I'm in need of a couple of the Fine Molds type 95 HA GO tanks .

Nice work Mike , I like that you're going in the far east direction rather than the traditional N. Africa setting !!!

This coupled with the Japanese tanks ought to be a beauty dio .

Thanks Glen ,
Apologies for the late reply as the the type 95's have just come in .and yes,very very happy

modelsfordio.jpg

As well as the gun crew and support figures from MASTERBOX a few days later.

First look in the box ,well its a very small tank
type95inboxlook.jpg

a question mark would be the tracks .I hope there is some aftermarket stuff to address this
typre95track.jpg

The best thing is the all round camo job .very nice
type95hagotank.jpg

More to follow
Michael

Now the work begins to getting them together.

This is going to be very cool! I will be keeping an eye out to see the progress.

Terry B)

Thanks Saul,

I have been looking at the modelkasten track , superb in casting detail.

I will get a couple of sets although I am not a fan on the price around $42.00 e a set :pinch: The detail is worth the money and no doubt they are going to be very time consuming :(

There are some sale prices out there for them... $42.00 (USD?) is definitely a lot.

Regards,

Back