• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Versuchsflakwagen 8.8cm Flak auf Sonderfahrgestell

OK Mike now pay attention.

Three were built all with Flak 37s.
The three were changed over to Flak 41s.
One was changed back to a Flak 37 because the 41 that was in it was worn out before being sent to Italy
for battlefield testing.

The other two with 41s stayed at home for more testing and training therefore still painted Dark Yellow.
The one sent to Italy would have been repainted the camo of the day which was a base coat of Green with
Dark yellow and sometimes a bit of brown for the overlay camo pattern.

Clear as mud but I read the book :laugh:
Tony lee

I decluttered a bit but still it represents the rounds and containers used. :hmmm

Opinions welcomed you know
Tony lee

I really like it Tony. Will you have a crew member using the sight? You going to leave the right side and back doors up like that? What kind of weathering do you think you will do seeing as this was not a production vehicle.
James

James if you mean that range finder it's all painted and i've been thinking about it.

I set the sides just to show how they could be arranged. The Flak 37 88 will have its sides partially down.

Weathering will be on the light side for this one and heavier on the 37.

What do you think?
Tony lee

I like it. I notice you havent painted the gun yet. Will it be in primer then? I like the cluttered look with the ammo stock piled. Gives it a used look and also shows off the different packing well. I wonder if there were any non standard rounds they might have tried that would add to the look and feel.
James

The unpainted barrel is how I man handle it James. When I get all the details painted i'll clean it,primer it and then paint it.
There's three types of rounds supplied and all three are in the picture. I've got three more painted just like those three.

Tony lee

I decluttered a bit but still it represents the rounds and containers used. :hmmm

Tony lee

I know Mike asked earlier but I'm still confused. How many guns are you building Tony?

You have a yellow one here, but this is green.

008-2.jpg

OK Mike now pay attention.

Three were built all with Flak 37s.
The three were changed over to Flak 41s.
One was changed back to a Flak 37 because the 41 that was in it was worn out before being sent to Italy
for battlefield testing.

The other two with 41s stayed at home for more testing and training therefore still painted Dark Yellow.
The one sent to Italy would have been repainted the camo of the day which was a base coat of Green with
Dark yellow and sometimes a bit of brown for the overlay camo pattern.

Clear as mud but I read the book :laugh:
Tony lee

So your building this historically correct- my head hurts, need an aspirin now. CR

Tony lee

I know Mike asked earlier but I'm still confused. How many guns are you building Tony?

You have a yellow one here, but this is green.

008-2.jpg

Tony is building 2 of the 3 vehicles (maybe the third also??). One with the Flak 41 and one with the Flak 37. I'm sure it will all come together soon :D
James

I just noticed, there is no support for the doors when they are lowered. The must be heavy so that seems odd. Just an observation.
James

James there are three support rod positions at the front:

Three at the rear: Two notches on top of the rear casement wall on each side and one is a notch in the intake grill box wall. That's three locations each side just like the front.

Those crank handles must help with the sides because the rear panel has several grip handles for man power use.

My best guess anyway?????
Tony lee

Back