• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Versuchsflakwagen 8.8cm Flak auf Sonderfahrgestell

UPDATE
Steps 11 through 29

I've got to go back over it and place the PE parts I left off.

Have a good one folks
Tony lee
PS: A lot of the PE is miss numbered and you just have to look for it James.

Is that what that is James, a fusing rack????
I thought it was a fancy ready round rack. Sure takes a lot of parts to build it. :gogo
I found a nasty mistake in the instructions and i'll post it tomorrow.

I think my pillow has my number tonight. :D
Tony lee

I think they are Tony, but could be wrong. I believe they set the fuse in and set the altitude on the "computer" and it adjusts it. Will look for refs. I think I will start this one this weekend, you're drawing me in.
James

Almost forgot this one.
See the little cylinder with the fork yoke behind the control wheel?

The instructions aren't that clear as to location but that's where it goes.

Tony lee

Maybe these will help some Tony.
http://svsm.org/gallery/88mm_flak41/IMG_4576
Thanks for pointing out the problems so far (y) (y)
James

Almost looks like the instructions have them backwards

001-87.jpg
[/URL]

IMG_4583.jpg

http://svsm.org/gallery/88mm_flak41/IMG_4583

James

Nope they are not backward James,the notch in the upper right hand corner is a dead give away.
Dry fitting the right armor shield I found out that the last two peddles(B102/B9) interfere with the shield so it might be a good idea to place those after the shield is installed.

Thanks for the walk around buddy. The model matches up really nice.

Armor Shields

I think the Flak 41 construction is completed but i'll check it over again tomorrow.

Can You Dig It :eek:hyeah
Tony lee

I have been wondering what you were up to Tony?
Just whacking out another masterpeice I see :notworthy Digging it alright!!
Those instructions could have been draughted better with dotted lines to signify the foot rest goes behind the centre sticking out thingy (EDIT - control console) - don'cha think :hmmm

Well Hey Fellow
Yeah I spread it around so as not to bore folks to death. :laugh:
Instructions are spread out over more pages and not crammed up like Dragons. They're not perfect
but better than DMLs.

Happy that you DIG It :eek:hyeah
Tony lee

It looks great Tony. Thanks for putting on the show. It's always a treat.

I think the short comings in the instructions are some basic slip-ups in mechanical drafting. What should be rendered as "hidden lines = dashed lines)" are rendered as solid which is confusing to anyone who doesn't have James's photos to sort it out. Pretty basic stuff. I can't believe these manufacturers don't have someone looking these things over. (sorry, don't mean to be a downer).

... Anyway, looking Fantastic! Keep it coming.

Cheers,

Bill (who still draws old-school with an F pencil)

NO Downer Bill, i'm just glad I found it before somebody else did and before the glue cured,that would have made a mess. :v

Thanks Guys
Tony lee

Okay I see what you are seeing. When I looked at it at first I thought it was a shelf opening out.
like this

shelf.jpg

Thats why when I showed that pic I found I thought it was a cover like this

roof.jpg

Of course you saw it right away. My eyes dont work so well any more.
James

Wheels and Tracks:

These aren't going as fast as the Bronco SU-152 track because the pins on the sprue bar DON'T line up with the track links and so you have to do it the hard way.
I pin every other link,let the glue set,trim those off and then go back and pin the holes I skipped.

Wheels ready for paint anyway.

Slow going :(
Tony lee

That's one side of the tracks completed and working on the other side now.
While waiting for track pins to dry I installed parts on the casement walls.

Enjoy your weekend my friends
Tony lee (y)

Back