• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Trumpeter S-51

I was going to rest my back today but I got bored wait for the football games to start.
Not to waste good weather I sat down and colored up the tracks. These are those Master Club metal
tracks.

More paint tomorrow :eek:hyeah
Tony lee :eek:ldguy

Pup they look the same but I think the fresh molds have a large edge over Friuls right now. :dance

Tony lee :eek:ldguy

Those look good. What do you think of them? I have a set coming for a BMP and am not sure what to expect.
James

James this is my first experience too and I didn't know what to expect as well.
I tested mixing Vallejo,Mr Color Leveling and LifeColor thinners because I didn't have any of the AMMO thinner.
None of them turned the paint to goo but the Mr.Color I think is a little hot because there was a slight
separation of the color pigment, nothing earth shattering but I could see pigment particles when I pulled the mix up the side of the mixing cup.

I used the LifeColor thinner for the job just because the bottle was still on the paint booth table and handy,I held my breath and started spraying(about 20 to 30% thinner mix). Lo and behold the coverage was good and also smooth.

Before you start shaking the bottles make sure the cap is on tight,one of mine was not :facepalm

NO Complaints from me
Uncle Tony :eek:ldguy

Looking good Tony. (y) (y)

I have to admit that I have never thinned the Mig colors but I think they are comparable to the Vallejo paints.

Model Master thinner will most likely work on these as well .

The MR.color and Tamiya thinners are good for their combined brands but not aware that they are useful for others .

Cheers,Christian B)

I'll do some spray testing with a less used color and see just how the Mr.Color effects the paint
and coverage.

Enquiring Minds want to Know :)

Tony lee

James this is my first experience too and I didn't know what to expect as well.
I tested mixing Vallejo,Mr Color Leveling and LifeColor thinners because I didn't have any of the AMMO thinner.
None of them turned the paint to goo but the Mr.Color I think is a little hot because there was a slight
separation of the color pigment, nothing earth shattering but I could see pigment particles when I pulled the mix up the side of the mixing cup.

I used the LifeColor thinner for the job just because the bottle was still on the paint booth table and handy,I held my breath and started spraying(about 20 to 30% thinner mix). Lo and behold the coverage was good and also smooth.

Before you start shaking the bottles make sure the cap is on tight,one of mine was not :facepalm

NO Complaints from me
Uncle Tony :eek:ldguy

Oops, the connection at work was really slow. I was inquiring about the tracks. The Ammo of Mig paint on the other hand , well I've had some great luck and I've had a few instances of bad luck. Over all I like it. Love your paint job by the way.
Anyways thoughts on the tracks?
James

https://www.modelersalliance.com/reviews-and-news/898-master-club-track-review?highlight=WyJtYXN0ZXIiLCJjbHViIiwidHJhY2tzIiwibWFzdGVyIGNsdWIiLCJtYXN0ZXIgY2x1YiB0cmFja3MiLCJjbHViIHRyYWNrcyJd

Check it out Mr.James

Tony lee

Thanks Tony. I remember that now. So far I have the kit tracks, some after market plastic tracks and fruils for my BMP. The fruils have a dimple where you have to drill the track and the metal seems harder than usual. I have a set of these coming now ands I hope they will be easier and I can finish the darned thing. Appreciate the link and refresher.
James

Back