• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Trumpeter S-51

Saul i'm too old to worry about copy rights but

"Shoe Me The Money?"

I take it you don't believe what I wrote? It is from Frontline Illustrated Russian language book, History of the Tank, KV, Part 2 and can be found on pages 54-57. Looking at the image you posted, it does mention March 1943. The tracks you see in the photographs are the same ones used on the KV2.

Here is a wartime image showing the links:
KV_2M40_11.jpg

This one is a scan of page 11 from Frontline Illustrated's History of the Tank, KV, Part 1, showing the tracks on the KV U-3 (predecessor of the KV-2)
KV_2U3_02.jpg

Both of the above images are from the Arm Chair General website as I don't scan my books. On page 8 of the above mentioned book, we see the same tracks on the experimental U-0 with MT-1 turret.

However, once weathered and covered with mud or snow, not many would notice that the horns are not hollow.

Regards,

This mornings sitrep:

The 203mm is ready for the RB barrel when it gets here.

And this afternoons progress:

All aboard

It's not far away from painting for sure :eek:hyeah
Tony lee

Thanks
It seems that the right rear of the side plate has pulled away from the engine deck.
I'll check it in the morning,might have to reapply some glue and clamp it till cured.

Tony lee

Looks prehistoric and nasty. Looking forward to seeing the paint. D id they use these to try and knock down the flack towers in Berlin? I vaguely remember something about big guns firing point blank and barely scratching them.
James

Nice work Tony,

Your hitting it hard with the modern stuff and doing a terrific job.

Well done on knocking those SPW's over :v :laugh: (y)

Michael :)

Hey Tony!
Am soon to have one of these and wondered if you ever finished it? :huh: Definitely an interesting vehicle. Have always liked the armor based on the KV-1 chassis, but never heard of this one before.

Not finished yet. My baby brother died and the winter hit now spring rains with high humidity but
never fear i'll get her done.

Fun kit
Tony lee

Really sorry to hear about your younger brother Tony. Looking forward to seeing more on this when you can get back to it.

:zen

Tony, My deepest condolences to you & the family on the loss of your brother.

Am looking foreward to seeing this progress... (y)

My deepest condolences also Tony ...... I know how this hurts praying for you & your family ..... looking forward to less Humidity & seeing More Of this .... :popcorn ..... Same thing Here in Texas .... Lot's & Lots Of Rain .... :eek:ldguy

Back