• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Trumpeter S-51

To me it looks fabulous Tony but what do I know ? (y) (y) (y)

Do Russian really have another season ?

Cheers, Christian B)

Thanks fellows but are you as ready to move on as I am?

That's about all there is to see here and the Grille 10s are already on the bench.

Huge Thank You to all that followed along and provided those nice compliments too.

See you there :Hiay
Tony lee :eek:ldguy

Update

Finished
I Think, will know more tomorrow after critiques.

I didn't intend for this to be a winter build but I was informed by a Russian friend that it was tested during the winter so I did an about face and weathered it for early winter as a compromise.

Thanks for the comments while following along.
Uncle Tony :eek:ldguy

Well if it was mid winter it would be nothing but a snow bank.

Very convincing effect Tony. :notworthy

I thought the seasons were Winter Is Coming and Winter Is Here (sounds like Minnesota).

Nice work on the beast, Tony, I dig the snow (on the machine). :good: B)

What an awesome build. I need to give armor another shot.

Love the snow as well. If you don't mind me asking, what did you use for the snow and how did you make it look as if it were melting. That small touch sold it for me. :notworthy

The snow is KB Micro Balloons and I used MIG's pigment fixer. By applying more than you need it
runs out and looks just like the snow is melting.

"Now you know the rest of the story"

Uncle Tony :eek:ldguy

I don't think I have commented yet Tony, that is one awesome SPG you did my friend! Really looks good and the snow tip is one I will have to keep in mind.

(y) (y) :notworthy

Love the snow detail. We have looked for the micro balloons but they were not as easy to corner as we had hoped...

Good tip (y) Thank you !

Cheers, Christian B)

Back