• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Trumpeter Ju 87A in 1/32 (Resuming the build)

Not another Junk(y) kit. (more new pics)

Some folks would say I am a rivet counter I'm sure, but when it's wrong it's wrong. When I first looked in the box at the instruction sheet I thought it didn't look right. That was without looking at the reference.

There will be a bit more looky at this before I am done. Seems I can't get away from Cut-n-Chop. Which is why the A-10 kit is still in the box.

hdfc5506.jpg

Ok Paul, I've started two or three trumpy kits, I believe there was on place where you wanted to know why a part that could be cast as one part was in so many little parts. I think that if you wanted to show the kit as being under a repair condition, you could separate parts and lay them around with a mechanic scratching His head. Just My thoughts, believe me these kits have come along way, since the Matchbox I'm building. Hang in there my friend, lots of little fiddly parts but a great looking outcome. :soldier :pilot (y)

Not another Junk(y) kit. (new pics)

It has been quite a while since I worked on this kit. The really incorrect wall between the pilot and the gunner really put the brakes on this and made me set it aside.

Here is a reminder of what I found way back when.

Ju87A-023.jpg

Ju87A-024.jpg

Ju87A-025.jpg

Ju87A-026.jpg

In addition there were some other things that just "DID NOT LOOK RIGHT". This has been running through my head periodically since I set it aside and I pulled it back out this weekend and made a big correction to the side wall parts.

I will try and get some new photos posted tomorrow or Monday. Have been doing research and finally found the key items that pointed out the real flaws. Trumpeter really needs to get new research people as the ones they have are horrible!

Now that it is more up in the recent builds again it will be easier to find and make posts.

Bob, could you move this to Wessendorf field please?

Cool Paul!

I find that most kits (or at least certain kits that require some kind of correction or modifications) I run into a "hump" that I need to get over in order to complete the kit. This is the reason that a lot get shelved for a time, until I get the energy (and ideas) to come back to them!

Strange, I do not see any of the botophucket photos posted...

Visiting their site, I did see the images of this very nice build!

Regards,

Strange, I do not see any of the botophucket photos posted...

Visiting their site, I did see the images of this very nice build!

Regards,

Have not used Pooterbucket now in a while. Loaded the images to our site and corrected the links (Except for the post Bob made with all the photos copied)

Have one small piece left to fix and I will get the photos for the post done. I also have some stuff to add from my references. :D

Trumpeter Ju 87A in 1/32

New photo time! There is still quite a bit to do beyond this, but I now have some photos, drawings and some resonable references to finish out the cockpit area. It can really frustrate me when I know things are really incorrect and I have no good way to figure out what it should be.

Solved it by waiting a while and finding some new reference photos.
med3d-ennuye.gif

Here we go with a new big update.

Ju87A-027.jpg

Ju87A-028.jpg

Ju87A-029.jpg

Ju87A-030.jpg

Ju87A-031.jpg

Ju87A-032.jpg

Ju87A-033.jpg

Ju87A-034.jpg

Ju87A-035.jpg

Ju87A-036.jpg

Ju87A-037.jpg

You should know by now I continue with another post.
sFun_hypnotize.gif

Trumpeter Ju 87A in 1/32

Here is part 2 of this installment.
faint.gif

Ju87A-038.jpg

Ju87A-039.jpg

Ju87A-040.jpg

Ju87A-041.jpg

Ju87A-042.jpg

Ju87A-043.jpg

Ju87A-044.jpg

Thanks for looking in! It feels good to have this shelf queen underway again.
thank-you.gif

Trumpeter Ju 87A in 1/32 (new photos YAY!)

Thanks for all the kind comments Chuck, Paul and Bob! They are very appreciated!

I am finding that some of my skills have sharpened since this was set aside. Solving the problem with the sides of the cockpit came much easier now than it was back when. Building the radios and their mounts surely will be a bit of a challenge but I am actually looking forward to it now.

Trumpeter Ju 87A in 1/32

Thanks Greg. Am still working on the cockpit and finding a fair bit of things that are either missing or incorrect. I pick one thing to rework at a time and go for it. Have redone all the ammo packs and the cross member that goes across under the pilots legs.

The cross member was there in the kit but is supposed to arch up instaed of being flat. Fixed that now I need to work on the port side of the pilot's area.

Trumpeter Ju 87A in 1/32

Thanks for the comment JugJunkie!

I have been doing some heavy scratch work on the cockpit this weekend. Some pretty major cut-n-chop as the interior of the front compartment was 1/8 inch too short. Yeah Trumpeter really sucks with their poor detail work. Still have to redo the bomb view window and box, bomb mount (not the trapeze) and mount and wire up the radios. Sometime later this week I will post a new batch of photos and reference pics. I even enhanced the radio PE that Eduard had which is a lot closer to correct than the "stuff" that Trumpeter had thrown in the kit. :facepalm

The rollbar really looks a huge amount better now that I built in the framing it is supposed to have.

Photos soon.

Trumpeter Ju 87A in 1/32

Discovered tonight that Eduard screwed up on the PE instrument panel for the Trumpeter Ju87A. The Trumpy panel was fairly close to the photos I have. What looked to be an A panel. Eduard has a B version panel in their PE set and I did not notice the difference until tonight. :facepalm Of course I already had removed all the detail from the Trumpy panel so it is scratch build and Airscale instrument decal time. :bang head Hard part is going to be getting the Decals and bezels lined up, (but I have an awesome plan :evil: )

When (no not if) I get the panel done it should look even better than normal PE. Building it using .005 thick clear sheet in layers. If I can get everything all aligned correctly it should look outstanding.

(yeah, yeah, I know pictures) Been sick half the week and tonight was the first night since last weekend I felt like working on anything. Sometime this weekend.

Back