• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

TIGER I EARLY(OPERATION CITADEL)

Man, that looks great, Terry! Paint as you go, hmmmmmm.... ;)

Sometimes I do! Tiger hulls have so many layers I thought it best this time. The turret may be a different story. ;)

Thanks chukw

:D

GOod stuff there Terry, like the little chain on the filter. I built a DAK Tiger from Tamiya a while ago, remember those filter and the headaches like it was yesterday :blink

Flirting with the idea of visiting Bovington Museum next year when I'm in England, wanna see the captured DAK Tiger they have there :woohoo:

Flirting with the idea of visiting Bovington Museum next year when I'm in England, wanna see the captured DAK Tiger they have there :woohoo:

Go when they're having one of their Open Days - they take it out and chuck-it-around like a WRC car !! - Superb entertainment, especially if there's been some rain the day before ;)

Ian

Hi Terry, great work !!!

I suggest to you if Is possible to fade the rust effect on the shields exhausts for more realistic effect.

Mike

Went to work on the fenders yesterday! Robbed some PE fenders from a another tiger kit, but they needed new supports. So I made new ones out of styrene. Here are some pictures of the outcome.

Terry B)

DSC00769.JPG

DSC00770.JPG

DSC00771.JPG

DSC00772.JPG

DSC00773.JPG

DSC00774.JPG

I appreciate the work that you're putting into the construction, Terry, but I'm more especially interested in how you're going to apply the overall dark yellow and the washes/filters etc...

...but I have patience !! :geek

Ian

I appreciate the work that you're putting into the construction, Terry, but I'm more especially interested in how you're going to apply the overall dark yellow and the washes/filters etc...

...but I have patience !! :geek

Ian

I do a modulation type of painting so I have been doing varying shades of dark yellow all along.

:D

Wolf wanted to know how I would approach the tracks well.......

First I painted the tracks Tamiya flat brown.

DSC00779.JPG

Second I over sprayed the tracks with a very thin mixture of flat brown and nato black.

DSC00780.JPG

Next I dry brushed the tracks with Model Master metalizer gun metal.

DSC00781.JPG

Finally I dry brushed the tracks with silver.

DSC00782.JPG

DSC00783.JPG

DSC00785.JPG

DSC00784.JPG

Next I have completed the tools and now the bottom hull is pretty much complete. Next come the turret.

DSC00786.JPG

DSC00787.JPG

DSC00788.JPG

DSC00789.JPG

DSC00790.JPG

B)

Back