• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

'That Others May Live'/Search and Rescue Campaign

Thanks to Mr.T, the voting poll is now up (sorry it's about a week later than I anticipated :blush: ). As this is written I can tell you that 100% of the electorate who have chosen to exercise their right to vote have voted in favour of this campaign....

....That would be me (y)

Ian

Fox-firebase-aero_union-N920AU-070904-02-24.jpg

Fox-firebase-aero_union-N716AU-030724-01adj.jpg

f01_01.jpg

COUNT ME IN

I've got a couple PST 1/72 scale Russian Fire Trucks to do for this campaign. It'll be a great excuse to pull them out and get them built.

Shalom.

"That Others May Live". Hmm, can I do a Huey Uh-1D Medevac in Vietnam offloading crates of ammo at a forward fire base? True event. The pilot said the ammo was, "Preventative Medicine".

Cheers frm Peter

'Took me ages to dig-out this pic, eventually found it on a Google Image search. I know that I can't prove it, but here's a pic of yours truly a couple of years back.

Backstory - I was SAR Co-Ordination in the UK, one of the guys who took the calls, formulated the search plan, tasked the resources than co-ordinated those resources, supplied them with updates and liaised with all the other agencies that me be involved (anything from the local council to an RAF Nimrod !!) - No, I didn't do the 'dangerous stuff' I left that for other far braver than I, but every now and again we'd go over to the one of the local lifeboats or Helo flight and go on exercise with them.

What you see here is a pic of me just about to be dropped onto the RNLI Hovercraft based in New Brighton, just across the River Mersey from our station. What you can't experience is my whooping with delight at getting the h*ll out of that noisy, uncomfortable Sea King that reeked of parafin !!

Happy days (y)

Ian

ps
You can see now why I'm so behind this campaign !!

More walk around photo sets on this site (click image to visit):

No, this is not the same one I posted before...

Regards,

Back