• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Takom Tiger 2 Repair Dio

Bob,

Being a member of PB for over 10 years without too many problems with the account was not an issue.
The problems arose in the last 6 months, maybe they had a management change at PB and
thought to start ripping some people off, sorry, I mean making money for the company with file storage...who knows.

That's now history the good thing now is, I have the photo's back up :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Did I say I was happy :good:
:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Michael :drinks :v

Slow progress,

I have got all the brass shell end cap markings on the ammo racks that will sit inside of the lower hull.
You can take the shortcut and not put them on but if they are in the box why not use them, they look good. The stage progress build shots will show the detail. Takom did a great job to provide the king tiger. I think it's only right we show our models with what they have provided.
AyOMI6p.jpg

Removing sink marks
kRqY59S.jpg

Michael

Really fantastic work Michael! My only complaint with the Takon Tiger is that the rounds are molded into the ammo racks. It'll take a lot of work to have the racks empty.

Mike
:popcorn

Thanks Mike

Next installment of images
The parts have been broken down to the respective areas in the plastic containers. Reason: to detail each area and make the interior progress images bring out the detail.
The shells have all the brass end caps and are loose for detail painting
LLbCoHd.jpg

The interior commanders hatch and episcopes received a coat of Matt Humbrol matt and the visor glass was given a coat of the Migg Ammo glass lense colour.
This is to give depth to the visor when looking at it from a distance.
3PSZNE0.jpg

Lastly the overall breakdown of the Takom king tiger, Still more work to do around the turret and externals but this image gives a breif breakdown it is such a huge challenge.
wmgsgXB.jpg

Neat build technique. Becareful stuffing all that inside. I am having trouble getting the upper and lower hulls mated, I think the ammo racks may be the culprit. I'm just thankful for the skirts, they will hid a multitude of sins. :soldier

Thanks Guys

Thanks Bob for the heads up on the joining of the upper and lower hull.

More to follow shortly.

Michael

Thanks Sharkman,
Apologies for the late reply, head down building the King Tiger.

The king tiger is now ready for the primer paint process, a lot of priming to do.
I've used the Mig Ammo dark Primer to try and create a depth appearance when the second coat is applied.
AGlaqw0.jpg

The track tools and cables have been painted in a combination of colours from Vellajo , Mig Ammo and Humbrol colours.
This is by way easier to paint and detail before glueing on the tank.
jRi1cAf.jpg

The Miniart furniture has been built and will be slotted into the paint que.
The ground floor will have someone looking after the Miniart Beers and stores :drinks :laugh: :v
0OhgCj7.jpg

Michael

Michael,

You've got to be the most organized and neatest builder on this forum!

Everything is so tidy and in place! I wish I could be like that, my workspace is a disaster area!

Bob

Thanks,
Yeah, I know it's pretty sad :facepalm

It's even like this when I store the unbuilt kits, it's a little of the Army ways and upbringing coming out in me. :good:

Sorry Bob, I'll have to mess my desk up a little when the next progress shots are done.

Michael :drinks :laugh:

Thanks,
Yeah, I know it's pretty sad :facepalm

It's even like this when I store the unbuilt kits, it's a little of the Army ways and upbringing coming out in me. :good:

Sorry Bob, I'll have to mess my desk up a little when the next progress shots are done.

Michael :drinks :laugh:

If you don't mind Michael,

It'd make me feel more secure! :yipee

Bob

Just spent fifteen minutes catching-up on this project... Looks like it's going to rival 'Wagner's Ring' for sheer epic'ness. Was quite keen on that Flak 38(t) until I saw the etch fret :frantic - I'll keep with the basic kits for the time being !!

Following closely (now).

Ian.

Thanks Ian,

Here is the next round...

The Takom king Tiger rounds painted and ready for the decals, will have to lay a coat of gloss over each round to have the decal sit flush.
EjnzbGp.jpg

The sub section parts ready for priming
VGbueag.jpg

And now painted with Mig ammo primer, the calm before all the painting and detailing begins
dfVdL6o.jpg

The Road wheels receive a coat of Mig Ammo Steel
hHD624H.jpg

Michael

Back