• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Takom Tiger 2 Repair Dio

Thanks Guys,

Heavens Eagle,

I am surprised they did not do the tyres out of plastic and done them in a 2 part mould.
The detail is excellent in this truck but maybe the more people that post the concerns/problems in public model forums they "the manufacturers" may look at alternative ways, it's been done before by some manufacturers.

Michael

I've noticed that a number of kit makers have gone the vinyl tire route. Some have even done that with the rubber tires that go on a tank's road wheels. IMHO, plastic is far better than vinyl for tires.

Cheers

Totally agree Tankbuilder on your opinion :good:

Back with a quick update on the bussing Nag with Crane

Now ready for paint in sub sections, will have to work now with the Takom tiger 2 engine and the crane jib to see if the jib will hold the weight of the engine.
aOuyyMA.jpg

ESznpZn.jpg

D5v5S6R.jpg

TPVlQFW.jpg

Michael

That tiger motor is sweet, I keep thinking it would look great outside the tank, so much detail on it. It'll be cool hanging from that crane. :popcorn

Thanks Guys,
Bob,
Looking forward to this to having the engine suspended in mid air.

The Bussing nag packed away from the dust
HmdO6SO.jpg

The 2 kings

Super king and Takom King :woohoo: :woohoo: :good: :good: :woohoo: :woohoo:
4TZw69J.jpg

Michael

Quick Update

Takom tiger 2 base started, was going to go straight to the engine but could not hold back to start this monster :pinch:

The sides are not glued in, will paint and detail before placing together.
Filled up the whopping big sink marks in the base. Something a lot of modellers have skipped over, I know you do not see it when all the items are together but sink holes stand out like dogs balls when progress shots are being done.
BbtBh4U.jpg

ai9cIYf.jpg

M0qVd7A.jpg

Michael

Hey Mike, watch the rear of the hull and the transom, if you're building it with the engine removed you might want to go ahead and get it installed to keep the hull shape. My hull had a slight bow and it's causing me problems now. I think I have to pull mine out and get that transom removed and reseated. Might have to take out some things from inside to do it.

Thanks for the heads up Bob, your right, I just had a look at the rear of mine and it has a bow in it as well :eek:hmy:
Looks like there is some homework to do on the hull :bang head
A lot of test fitting needed on this big boy :lol:

Hey Mike, watch the rear of the hull and the transom, if you're building it with the engine removed you might want to go ahead and get it installed to keep the hull shape. My hull had a slight bow and it's causing me problems now. I think I have to pull mine out and get that transom removed and reseated. Might have to take out some things from inside to do it.

Michael

Hello again,

Here is the next installment of images
The Takom tiger 2 is a huge build. The engine alone is a good few hours work. The parts are broken down to the respective areas and boxed to keep clear of dust and can be painted and weathered individually.

The air filters have been separated and further detailing will be required to enhance them as they will be outside on the ground.
2FWuF1b.jpg

4nruLb3.jpg

2FWuF1b.jpg

4nruLb3.jpg

z2rF7x3.jpg

UZozcE6.jpg

vOoZvAc.jpg

Michael

No pics. Have you tried the attachment method of adding photos to your posts? No Photobucket required.

Thanks Bob,

And on that note,I'm going to call this build blog finished.

The web host for wip images has ceased.

The completed build will be submitted to Modellers alliance at a later date.

Once I find a suitable web host other to store images.

Thank you everyone for your comments and viewing.

Michael

Mike, Luiz uses http://imageshack.com/ and I don't recall ever seeing a problem generated from there.

You always more than welcome to use the file attachment process here at MA but sharing with other forums is a bit troublesome. I would suggest our own hosting service but it will be turned off when we move to our new server (no really, we're gonna move!). Maybe we'll have something new once on the new server, will keep you updated.

Is Photobucket shut down completely? I can't even go to their main site.

Thanks Bob,

I have joined Image shack and Imgur and will separate the images to reduce file size.

The down side is going back through the pages to alter the images,mmm that is a lot of mucking around. :yipee

I will do that in my spare time somehow :ro: :frantic :v :eek:hmy: :blink :laugh:

Michael

Bob,

$400 a year to pay for the privelege to show your images on the internet.mmm I understand a company has to make money but they have made it like it's a payment for registration for a small car in Brisbane, sorry, a small car rego costs a little more but I am not paying that sought of money.

Been a long serving member of photobucket since 2003 or therabouts.

Cleared all my folders off PB and saved them all to the hard drive and that will be it for me and photobucket.

Split it between other image providers and it's all happy days apart from reposting the images, which I can live with. :good:

Michael

Photobucket?

What's the problem with Photobucket? Just a few minutes ago I created a new album there and uploaded some images into it. Here's one of them.

Cheers

Back