• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Takom Krupp Morser FInal KRUPPDATE!

Takom Krupp 21cm Morser 10/16 UPDATE 1/17/17

KKmCq11.jpg

Thank you, Dr. John! That Pooh Bear kills me. :laugh:

So here's an update from Saturday, I got sidetracked yesterday. :side:

The kit includes a PE barrel sleeve with rifling, after annealing it very carefully, I trimmed it to fit the barrel and glued it in place. The sleeve is slightly skewed diagonally, so I let a bit protrude and I'll file it off flush.

IMG_8944.JPG

The gun shield is well detailed, it was suggested to leave it loose for painting and add it after, so here goes nothin'!

IMG_8946.JPG

Here's the majority of the sub assemblies and parts, ready for primer.

IMG_8943.JPG

I plan to shoot the primer when it quits raining, maybe tomorrow after work. Thanks for coming by, always appreciated!

:drinks

Great Progress Mike :eek:hyeah

Moisture and paint just don't mix,in most cases that is. :D

Uncle Tony :eek:ldguy

Takom Krupp 21cm Morser UPDATE 1/23/17 More Parts!

Fantastic Mike. Nice save on the short shot plastic and the rest is very nicely done. I might have to pull mine out and have a look see.
James

the Rifling looks great was it a pita to get in there? :popcorn

Many thanks, my friends! The rifling wasn't too bad, I annealed it first, to make the metal more malleable. I found a piece of aluminum tube that was close to the diameter I wanted and formed the sleeve over it by slowly pressing it around the tube. If I hadn't found the review that told me the sleeve is a couple ribs too wide, it would have been more difficult. I used a new knife blade and straight edge to remove the extra width. I reformed the sleeve after trimming, I wanted to make sure mine was too wide before I cut it. The sleeve was glued in with 3M Quick Dry Adhesive, that gave me a little more working time and still holds PE strong when dry. It's clear too, so a good choice. I couldn't get the sleeve to be square on both ends, it is cut on a bias. To correct this, I let the small amount of excess stick out of the barrel and plan to file it off before primer.

Thanks for coming by, more to come.

Thanks, dudes! :dude

Got primer shot last week, planning to get some color on it this week. Updates tomorrow.

Hey Mike,

This is something different for you :) Like the little extras you are adding. That paint job should be fun :D

Randy

Back