• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Takom Krupp Morser FInal KRUPPDATE!

Takom Krupp Morser UPDATE 11/04/18 The Groundwork

Thanks, Piet, Luiz and Bob! I'm getting more happy with it as I go along. :mpup

The figure I used for the footprint impressions was OK for those, but I want individual feet for the muddy prints. I've got a couple potential victims for those. :evil:

As I study the reference photos, I keep finding more I want to add, but that may have to wait for another build. :rotf

Thanks for coming by!

:drinks

Very interesting!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?reload=9&v=krD4hdGvGHM
This you don't see just jeden Tag!

Thanks, Rhino! The baskets are awesome!

Ian, that means a lot to me, I have learned much from your builds and love your style! :notworthy

Now all I need is bench time. :frantic

More to come.

We watched the DVD of "The Red Baron" last weekend. Those big Krupp's guns are featured prominently in the film.
Crazy footed wheels!
:coolio

Thanks Chris and James! Well, it's that day and I've got a few minutes to spare! This has been an interesting build, my first stand alone artillery piece and I have to say it was fun. It's a good kit and I'd do another (if one fell into my lap :rotf ).

I wanted to add some boot prints around the pallets, so I dug through my spare figures box and came across some boots with heels. I drilled holes for a handle and here we go.

h1ddd67f.JPG

Feets, don't fail me now! I used a combination of mud effects and pigments to make the prints and scrapes along the pallets. There's good and good enough, I suspect. :mpup The guy who suggested I build a base hasn't weighed in on it, so the jury is still out. :coolio

I made the wedge ramps from scrap cut offs from the wood shop and the cups are Armand Bayardi pieces. I neglected to mention I used some scatter from ausfwerks to make the fallen leaves and ground cover.

h26416d9.JPG

h19085e6.JPG

h094a409.JPG

h71d3b2a.JPG

ha3c48b9.JPG

That's all, folks! Cue the music.

Nice work Mike!

Do you know what the measurements are for the ramps? I have the same kit and was going to stick it on a base as well.

Mike

I will have to measure mine, I just eyeballed the photos to come up with that size. Mine are a tad big, I'd make them smaller if I had it to do again.

Thanks!

I'm liking it a lot better with the ramps and the foot prints Mike (y) Got any shell casings ?

Cheers, Christian B)

Wow Mikey-Mike, that is plum-purty!

Seriously, very good work, I particularly like the weathering on the wheel pads

Back