• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

STUG 3 G EARLY (REMIX) ON A FLATCAR

:blush: Sorry for not replying earlier to your posts, I have been putting my head down and modelling. :)
Thank you Mike, Tom, Tibor, Kolche, James, Rudi and Cheyenne. I appreciate your comments.

Rudi, yeah nice to meet up at Expo even though we didn't really get to go into much detail. Maybe the next model gathering?

I am still going strong on the interior work and will post again soon.

Regards
Ian.

I don't know how I missed this one but.......

You need to tie one arm behind your back when modeling so the rest of us have a chance!

Awesome Ian, just awesome!

Bob

:) Jose, Randy and Bob, thanks guys- glad you like it. I have really had some fun on this kit. I really recommend this model if you are looking at Stugs. I just brought another at the model expo 2 weeks ago - white box George Bose early Stug G. :laugh: :evil:
Comming up to the finish line with the building. I have done the gearing in the front drive plate holes on either side and finished all the obs clamps. I am even considering using the saukopf mantlet again. ??? The interior brass is nearly done as well even without instructions so I will be posting soon. I won't paint this yet as I want to finish all the vehicles and the train and paint them at the same time. Kind of a Bob L approach. ;)
Once this is done I will revive my BR52 post from planet armour and bring it accross to tanks and things and finish it off. :silly:

Ian.

Finally finished construction
This was avery hard task as I had to work from photos as I did not have instuctions for the VP interior.
Added the following to the detail.....- locking bolts to the corners of the engine deck hatch corners.
- internal detail to the frontal drive holes.
- small welds re-made to the frontal upper super structure.
- Barrel replaced to the longer version with the saukopf mantlet. Texture added to the mantlet and casting number.
- travel lock, chain and spring.
- retaining chains for rear locking pins
- interior completed with damaged sheet metal details etc. wires and bolt heads plus holes drilled for missing detail.
- handles added to the clamps.

IMG_9505.jpg
IMG_9502.jpg

IMG_9506.jpg
stugonflatcar.jpg

Ian.

this is what happens when you go a.w.o.l.
boy have i missed a lot in these past months
simply awsome

Ian, I don't know what I am more impressed with, your modeling skills or command of BBCode and presentation here. Well done on both counts!

That's right Alex, lots going on here so make sure you check in often! :mpup

Well Ian, it looks as though you WILL match the photo!

If so, I am sure you will add the coaxial MG to the topfblende mantlet armor and a few more T-34 track links to the spare track holder. Three are needed but you have an extra one (the bottom one) on the right side of the superstructure.

Excellent work as always...

Regards,

Ian....your work is inspirational. I wish I had come down to the Melbourne Expo to meet you.....I love all the detail that you cover in your builds...I look forward to seening it painted and weathered..... :notworthy :notworthy

Dear Ian.

...no words to express how good is your work...I can't wait to see it painted according to your amazing style!

Best regards!

Luiz.

B) Thanks for the great response everyone, I really appreciate the support. ;)

Luiz, you still at the south pole! :laugh: Thanks mate.

Bucket, maybe next year or at Wheels and Tracks? Glad I have something that gets you fired up!

Legio, thanks!

Mike, your just a repeat offender :lol: You can't help yourself. Thanks for the regular fededback mate. ;)

Sharkmouth, I already filled in the coax mg hole because it is a early refit. If I put too much track in the front holder it will block out my missing bolts and bullet splash on the front panel. I am not trying to match it exactly but close is fine.The determining factor for all this is the kit as I wanted to use the early front bolt-on armour [because of Dragons excellent Bolt detail] and the rear deck has weld seams which are the interlocking style (early type).
Thanks for the interest mate.

Ian. :)

damnit! :blink how insanely uberf-wordcool is this!

the only thing i wonder is how the RHS fender made it's way under the third return roller!

Thanks Randy, not much though on this thread now as I am not going to paint this one until the whole dio is ready.

Back