• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

SS Panzer Officer Normandy 1944 - Young Miniatures

@ MP: thanks and sorry about that, I haven't been around much lately.

@ TomN: thank you for the kind words and advice !

;)

Frank

Excellent face Burton

I love it !!!!! :D

Italian camo is superb !!!

and as Bob says openened ended campaign from now on regarding figures

Ribbon upon completion !! (y) (y) (y)

Dear Burton

...excelent in all aspects...love the skin tones as well as the metallics :coolio

I´m a fan of your works...please don´t stop ... anxious to see another pictures ;)

Best regards :drinks

Luiz.

No good weather for cycling in the Benelux countries this summer,isn't it Frank? :(

Good to have you back,and looking forward to see this one finished! :popcorn

Groeten,Ron.

Hey Frank, let's go ahead and post up a shot or two on the completion thread of this forum. Thanks! got you setup with your first Campaign ribbon (y)

@ James, Andy and Luiz:

Thank you for all your encouraging comments, you're all too kind...

@Ron

First of all thanks for the nice words.

As you say it hasn't been a fine cycling year so for in the Benelux, but still we managed to prepare ourselves for some

trips to the French Alps and guess which col amongst others we climbed this year : The Dutch Mountain !

@ MP: Did just that, MP and I post the pics of the very sloooooooow painting progress here too:

Right front: brown parts filled in.

_MG_0001-1.JPG

_MG_0002%7E2.JPG

_MG_0003-1.JPG

Greetings

;)

Frank

Looking excellent Frank!

I really like the tone of the piping on his hat. Too many times we see it painted almost bright pink,
yours is spot on!

Do you paint with acrylics?

Tom

Thank you, Andy and Tom !

@ Tom : Indeed, I used Vallejo Acrylics for all of the paint work except for the metal parts, for which I used

this permanent marker as a try out.

Greetings,

;)

Frank

Thank you, Andy and Tom !

@ Tom : Indeed, I used Vallejo Acrylics for all of the paint work except for the metal parts, for which I used

this permanent marker as a try out.

Greetings,

;)

Frank

Hmmm...interesting. You just answered my next question, thanks!

Tom

Goodevening gentlemen,

A little update on the Panzer Officer.

Still far from finsihed. You can't imagine how many times I tried to alter the colors a bit to get it to my liking...

It's my first time painting a bust in Acrylics and I'm still not sure; just trying over and over again. :S

It' s time to finish it because I really want to do something else. :(

Here are some pics...

_MG_0334%7E0.JPG

_MG_0360.JPG

Back still in progress... :blush:

_MG_0368.JPG

_MG_0371.JPG

_MG_0377.JPG

Thanks for watching,

;)

Frank

Ooh yeah I like this,he sure does look like a proud member of the German Panzer forces! (y) (y)
Is it me or did you manage to give this bloke some scar tissue in his face,looks great.
Looking forward to the finish of this one,Frank!

Groeten,Ron.

Thank you all for the nice comments !

Ron wrote

Is it me or did you manage to give this bloke some scar tissue in his face,looks great.

Indeed Ron, Scarface it is. Thanks for noticing !

;)

Frank

Dear Sirs,

After numerous try-outs and changes to the face I finally came to the conclusion that at this stage of my life it was the best painting

I was capable of.

I kind of lost myself in experimenting and comparing myself to other painters and trying to introduce what I learned from them to my

own painting. This is the result, now I can put it aside and move on.

14-_MG_0021.JPG

16-_MG_0024.JPG

12-_MG_0019.JPG

04-_MG_0010.JPG

10-_MG_0017.JPG

I hope you like it and sorry for the long wait!

;)

Frank

Back