• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

SS Panzer Officer Normandy 1944 - Young Miniatures

Hey that IS good news! (y)

Don't know if you already replied to Young Miniatures with your addresss yet,otherwise tell them there figure is going to be done on FAMOUS web-site Modelers Alliance :D and they can expect several potential customers!!!

Greetings,Ron.

FRANK,

WOW !! Great Customer Service from Young Miniatures ! Very Cool !! I'm lookin' forward to seein' this Bust come to life !!

I'm sorry to hear about Your Dad !! My Condolences Ma' Brotha' !!

I want to dedicate this to my father who introduced me to military modelling long time ago and passed away last week.

Here's to you, Dad.

Frank, I'm sorry I overlooked this yesterday. What's more I'm sorry for your loss. I lost my Dad last March. You and your family have my deepest sympathy. Catching up on this thread now.

Fellow modellers,

I have some great news. Yesterday I've send an e-mail to Young Miniatures about the cap and this is their reply:
Dear Mr. Frank

Hello.
I'm Min J Kim in Young miniatures.
Your e-mail astonished us.
Because we never remove death's head in kit and pictures.
But if you bought it in German shop, I can guess something.
Sometimes, our German dealers had problem with their customhouse about SS figures because of political reason.
I guess, they had to remove death's head for import.
Ok, we will send new cap for you.
Please let me know your address.
I will wait your kind answer.

Warm regards

Min
Young Miniatures
www.young-miniatures.com
Infomation : info@young-miniatures.com
Order : order@young-miniatures.com
Paypal ID : young@young-miniatures.com

This is really more than I was hoping for and to me this looks like excellent customer service.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH YOUNG MINIATURES! (y) (y) (y)

;)

Frank

Ditto Outstanding customer service! Always good to see a company stand behind their product.

Hi all,

The postman always rings twice and delivers :

Korea-Servic0001.jpg

Yeah that's right. In reply to my e-mail the kind Mr Min J. Kim of YOUNG MINIATURES send me this bust. :eek:hmy:

And what was in the box besides the bust?

Korea-Servic0002.JPG

A replacement cap for my 'SS Panzer Officer Normandy 1944'. :) :woohoo:

Is this service or what ? This was much more than I was hoping for, considering Young Miniatures wasn't to blame for the

missing death's head at all !!!

Hurrah for YOUNG MINIATURES !!!! (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y)

;)

Frank

FRANK,

That's Awesome about Young Miniatures !! & They sent ya another Bust !! Over th top Cool ! I gotta get some of Their Busts. They've always looked really Cool & knowing how Cool They are & value Their Customers ....

Mr. KIM ..... Thanx & you just made another Customer !!!

Ditto .... Let's see some paint on this :mpup

:erik

Hallo kind gentlemen,

With Ceasar on the shelf, I finallt found the time to start the painting of the bust.

Nothing spectacular, just wanted to share with you the work in progress.

Back in Black

Primed in Vallejo black primer.

_MG_0011.JPG

Golden Brown

Taking the edges of the black by giving it a misting with a mix of the colors shown.

_MG_0012%7E0.JPG

Orange is the Way the Summer Glows

Mixing up oranges shown to get a little highlight on the face only.

_MG_0014%7E0.JPG

Lucky Number's One

Brush painting of the face with a Number 1 brush. No detailing yet just trying to get the basic features right, still a lot of work

to do !

_MG_0015.JPG

_MG_0016%7E0.JPG

_MG_0017%7E0.JPG

That's it for now, hope to have some spare time in the near future to do some more work.

Off to bed now;

;)

Frank

Dear Frank.

...very nice sbs...I like it a lot...following with abig interest!

Thanks for posting.

Luiz.

Well,I Move in mysterious ways. :laugh:

By the way,love your Calvin Tan approach! (y)

Greetings,Ron.

Back