• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

SS Panzer Officer Normandy 1944 - Young Miniatures

Thank you all kind gentlemen !

This is the first time I'm using glasses (the old eyes are letting me down ) to paint a figure and I 'm a little afraid I must say.

;)

Frank

Little update nothing much to add...

_MG_0001.JPG

_MG_0002%7E1.JPG

_MG_0004.JPG

As you can see I concentrated on painting the face, the neck and ears still need some attention.

What's been bothering me in this scale is that I don't know when to stop. I'm never satisfied.

I will put the face aside and take a look at it in the morning, maybe that will help.

Thanks for watching, kind gentlemen.

;)

Frank

Dear Frank.

...you just capture the real thing(perfect skin tones)...the eyes look amazing...I don´t get tired of loking... ;) :v

Thanks for sharing with us!

Best!

Luiz.

Thank you all, kind gentlemen !

I had my doubts but you've persuaded me that I'm on the right track.

Much appreciated !

;)

Frank

Hello all,

A few workbench shots to show the finished headgear.

Sorry for the low quality pictures, like I said: just workbench shots to give you a general idea.

_MG_0007.JPG

_MG_0003%7E0.JPG

_MG_0004%7E0.JPG

_MG_0006%7E0.JPG

Hope you likes.

;)

Frank

@ MrT, James, Tom, MP and Luiz :

Thank you all, kind gentlemen !

@ MP :

You're absolutely right he looks a bit like him; maybe the fair hair, I don't know !

Greetings,

;)

Frank

Dear Sirs,

Missed the deadline, I'm sure ! :blink

This is what happened on my project; messed up on the uniform, lost interest, got into cycling, done cycling, got motivated

again, painted it black again, started the paintjob on the uniform again and here are the first try-out shots

( still not quite convinced ).

_MG_0004%7E1.JPG

Cap and face are finished now

_MG_0003%7E1.JPG

_MG_0001%7E0.JPG

Decided to matt down the visor ( note how different the face looks when photographed in daylight)

_MG_0001-3.JPG

Details of the camouflage uniform. I tried it out the pouch first. I dont know :(

_MG_0005-1.JPG

I hope I can find a way to paint it to my satisfaction, but that will mean a lot of trying out I'm afraid.

Still hope you likes,

;)

Frank

You haven't been reading the Monthly Newsletters...

You get full credit for completion, and well deserved!

:notworthy

Wow Frank, that face is amazing...glad to see this one back.

I like the matted down visor...maybe could use just a hint of satin...maybe...just a little.

I think the camo is coming along fine, really hard to tell with it only half finished. Perhaps a little more
reddih tones to the brown. I'm sure when it is to your satisfaction it will be awesome!

Tom

Back