• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Simpatico, A Miniature Mansion for my daughter

Re:Something really different Update July 13, 2010

the house looks amazing , are you using plain matt board for the gable face.

No, It is veneered with a plastic sheet "Stucco" by Plastruct before adding the timbers.

Bob

hello !! How the heck Ive missed this thread, ( oh wait there was the World Cup )I dont know, Anyway Im on it now and its looking great !! :0)

As they say better late than never

Andy

B) Your making great progress Bob. Looking really great - it's so damn big!

Ian.

Thanks Ian,

Yup, Everybody says I should have been born in Texas instead of Missouri!

Bob

Re:Something really different Update July 21, 2010

I am getting ready to "Wire" the mansion. It will have around 20 standard grain of wheats, plus many exterior lights and spotlights.

Gail came up with the name for it. "Simpatico" it will be. That word fits everything like a glove! She's so smart! :notworthy :notworthy

Here are what the exterior coachlights will look like. They are microscopic. I will be using a 12 volt DC transformer attached to the base. I will be wiring the lights both in series and in parallel, to get the proper scale lighting.

Porchlighta.jpg

The two tiny wires from the bulb has to be inserted into the tiny holes in the white protrusion I am holding.

porchlightb.jpg

If you look really close, you can see the bulb in the center of my palm. The wires are there, the camera couldn't pick them up.

porchlightc.jpg

This is the wall bracket, the wiring and, if you look close, the bulb. The lamp is threaded and actually screws on the bracket.

porchlightd.jpg

This shot is using a nine volt transformer and.....

CIMG1678.jpg

Same lamp using 12 volt transformer

[
CIMG1679.jpg

Gee, I feel like an electrician! :whhh :whhh

Bob

Mini Volt Man

you have a bright future in miniatures...

Regards,

"Gail came up with the name for it. "Simpatico" it will be. That word fits everything like a glove! She's so smart!"

Thank goodness you're not prejudiced, Poppy! :laugh:

This is just SO COOL. I can't believe you're doing this for me. I don't deserve it, but I will strive to, Poppy. :)

Bob you continue too impress me more and more everyday....... not only do you build stunning models but you have enough electrical knowledge too understand the difference between series and parallel. That is something that is lost on most.
The thing that makes a man great is not what he acomplishes with his hands ........ but how people feel about him , you have done that and it is irelevant how those of us in the modeling world feel ..... the ones who count are those closest too you.
Once again my hat is off too you .
For the rest of us just keep sharing you wisdom and great builds , you are already a legend in the modeling world.

NyteScrybe wrote:
"Gail came up with the name for it. "Simpatico" it will be. That word fits everything like a glove! She's so smart!"

Thank goodness you're not prejudiced, Poppy! :laugh:

Not biased at all Sweetheart! (y) (y)

NyteScrybe wrote:
This is just SO COOL. I can't believe you're doing this for me. I don't deserve it, but I will strive to, Poppy. :)

No, you don't, but what the hell! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Pop :mpup

modelguru wrote:
Bob you continue too impress me more and more everyday....... not only do you build stunning models but you have enough electrical knowledge too understand the difference between series and parallel. That is something that is lost on most.
The thing that makes a man great is not what he acomplishes with his hands ........ but how people feel about him , you have done that and it is irelevant how those of us in the modeling world feel ..... the ones who count are those closest too you.
Once again my hat is off too you .
For the rest of us just keep sharing you wisdom and great builds , you are already a legend in the modeling world.

I really appreciate your words. That was very nice of you to say.

Legend, huh, Jeez, you have to be really old or dead to be a legend, don't you? :D :D :D

Thanks again,

Bob

Thanks Bob
No you dont have too be old or dead to be a legend. jst callin em like i seez em

I wasn't disagreeing with you! I am old!!! Hahahahaha! I wish there was an "old" emoticon!

Bob

No prob Im old .....well thats what my kids tell me ....... the youngest one who is 29 referes to me and my better half as her old people ....... hahaha she thinks she is funny .....looks arent everything.lol

My daughter Gail tells me all the time that I'm not old at all, that I am at my peak! She tells me little fibs like that all the time and I act like I believe them!

I remember what the peak felt like back when I was in my twenties. I'm almost 70 now and I can tell you that this is nobody's idea of a peak!

Oh well, I'm still modeling! :D :D :D :D :D

Bob

As long as you can model wearing only one opti visor you are still at you peak lol

Back