• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Simpatico, A Miniature Mansion for my daughter

Re:Something really different Update June 23, 2010

Thanks Ant!!!!!

Hi Adrian from OZ! Beautiful place you live in!

Actually, we were a little concerned about that. I'm a retired cop, so I can always flash the badge. There is a camaraderie among cops world wide, but occasionally you run into a real Jerk and it has no value with those guys!

Always happy to share any skills I have!

Bob

Re:Something really different Update June 28, 2010

Got a little done this weekend. More stones on the chimney, cut the stone sheets to fit the entry, additional stones to come later. I also did some color experimenting. The Testor's acryl raw umber very closely matched the brown paint, It is on the window frame. I used Testors acryl Camouflage gray for the base coat of the roofing above the entry. Finally, I used Vallejo 814 burnt cadmium red for the chevron bricks. After weathering and highlighting, all three should be very close!. The awful female figure is for the viewer to judge scale. She is 1/35th. As I go along, I continue tweaking the added stone work. I found that by lightly mashing the epoxy stones with my thumb, they take on a much more realistic appearance.

CIMG1627.jpg

Some of the components look off kilter. That is because they are not attached to each other and just sitting on or about the other components. When assembled, I will make them true in relation to the other components!

CIMG1628-1.jpg

If compared to the Real house, the stone sheet applied to the entrance is very similar, but won't take on the proper appearance until the additional stones are affixed.

CIMG1629-1.jpg

A couple of days ago, I decided to light it up. I bought a lot of grain of wheat bulbs and some spotlights, so that with the lights out in the room, it will have a light effect as well.

CIMG1631.jpg

Later,

Bob

Ain't it a great hobby! Amazing Dad, just amazing.

Hey Bob,

I know I haven't been commenting on your fantastic build, but please know I've been following it closely. What a wonderful gift for Gail. :)

As always, amazing work!

Rudi

p.s. tell Susan I say 'hi' :)

Rudi Richardson wrote:
Hey Bob,

I know I haven't been commenting on your fantastic build, but please know I've been following it closely. What a wonderful gift for Gail. :)

As always, amazing work!

Rudi

p.s. tell Susan I say 'hi' :)

Will do Rudi! She says, Hi, Back at you!

Thank you so much! Gail seems to like it and on this build, that is all that matters.

I'm doing a little floundering, but it will come together! Thanks for following it!

Bob

Somehow I missed all the updates after the initial posts. But is it ever neat to see a progression build. You do the most incredible work. Just too col.
James

bob letterman wrote:
Rudi Richardson wrote:
Gail seems to like it and on this build, that is all that matters.
Bob

Like it? That's like saying Neville Chamberlain was a "little naive!" I LOVE IT!!! It's the coolest gift I've ever been given, bar none! :) (y)

Thanks James,

I really appreciate that!

Hi Gail!

Neville Chamberlain???? You just gave away one of our family traits. Historians! I have a hunch you inherited that from somebody named Bob. Just think of it as the dollhouse I wasn't there to build you!

Pop

Superb work Poppy Bob :laugh: , I do not think the female model you used needs forgivness niether :) , it looks superbly painted . Is that the figure from the box art of same ?

Jenny :kiss:

Thanks MP, :mpup

Even old guys can be funny now and then!:D

Thanks Boss, :Hiay

Puleeeeaase, that figure is terrible! No, terrible would be complimentary. Just awful would be more appropriate! Yes, It is the box art figure, but for Chrissakes, don't tell anyone! :blush: :blush: :blush:

Poppy Bob

bob letterman wrote:
Thanks James,

I really appreciate that!

Hi Gail!

Neville Chamberlain???? You just gave away one of our family traits. Historians! I have a hunch you inherited that from somebody named Bob. Just think of it as the dollhouse I wasn't there to build you!

Pop

Well, WWII isn't really my favorite era, but since that seems to be the predilection on TnT, it seemed apropos. Anne Boleyn and Charlemagne just didn't seem to fit here. :)
The house is looking wonderful, Poppy!!!

Looks great Bob, I love how you have done the brick work, great idea. :)

Thanks John and Ian.

It's moving along! :whhh :whhh :whhh

Bob

Re:Something really different Update July 1, 2010

OK, Got some more done. Started the open timber on the left side. I cut the stone sheet to fit the lower section of that left extension, the remainder will be either roof or open timber.

CIMG1635.jpg

CIMG1632.jpg

Here I skinned the front extension with the brick sheet and made the basic front and rear roof

CIMG1633.jpg

It is slowly taking shape. I also enlarged the windows on either side of the fireplace, they looked too small. must have been a math error.

CIMG1634.jpg

Bob

Looking superb Bob , Hmmmmmmm :unsure: Gail would you mind if Bob puts a Jagdtiger parked in front of the house ? And that there is an 88mm anti aircraft battery dug into the front lawn .... ooooh and the house is commandeered as a HQ , couple a kubelwagens and a radio halftrack . :)

Jenny,

She'll probably send me an email asking what language you are speaking. I'll just tell her that is a dialect of eastern Australia!

Maybe when it's finished, I set some German vehicles on the lawn and take pics. How's that?

Thanks Boss, I really liked your LVT!

Bob

jenny croft wrote:
Looking superb Bob , Hmmmmmmm :unsure: Gail would you mind if Bob puts a Jagdtiger parked in front of the house ? And that there is an 88mm anti aircraft battery dug into the front lawn .... ooooh and the house is commandeered as a HQ , couple a kubelwagens and a radio halftrack . :)

Jenny:

I'm sorry. I only speak English and a little Spanish. Poppy's right. You may have well been speaking Mandarin Chinese! :S

Have you ever seen a Charlie Brown cartoon? If so, you know how the teachers always say, "Waaa waaa waaa waa waaaaaa?" That's pretty much what I read. :blink :)

Back