• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Razordws 1/32 Revell He 162 for CTA2

Thanks Ian and Phil!

Time for an update, as I think I mentioned, the carpet monster ate the gunsight so I had to scratch another.

09HE162_zpsf311fc01.jpg

Also managed to get a coat of primer on today.

10HE162_zps0e5f6e61.jpg

I'll have to let this dry for a bit.

This still looks like great work, are you planning on finishing it in one of the schemes from the box ??

Ian

Good job on the gunsight Dave, what paint did you use for the leather effect on the seat?

This still looks like great work, are you planning on finishing it in one of the schemes from the box ??

Ian

Yeah, box scheme it is, not a lot of variation in the schemes for these things unless you want to do a whiffer.

Good job on the gunsight Dave, what paint did you use for the leather effect on the seat?

Phil, I used an old citadel (warhammer) paint, I believe it is called Dark Flesh but I would have to check. They've completely changed their line up so don't know if it is still available.

Phil, I used an old citadel (warhammer) paint, I believe it is called Dark Flesh but I would have to check. They've completely changed their line up so don't know if it is still available.

Yeah they totally changed the paints about 2 (or is it 3) years ago. The new line up makes some sense to use especially to paint their figs, but the containers are absolute POO. On the other hand their new paint brushes are pretty good. Have several and they have kept nice sharp points through many uses. Lay down paint well, and as long as I don't really abuse them, have really worked better than any other brushes I have ever used. Pretty much any brush I have bought at Hobby Lobby the tip curls after oneor 2 uses. In fact I am going to GW headquarters North America to get another couple of brushes in a little bit. Won't buy their overpriced models anymore though. Too much shenanigans going on with GW and their games anymore. :smack

Good to know about the brushes. I live in a small city and we only have the one LHS that carries some plastic and supplies but not much. There is another shop that is more of a geek store than a hobby store that carries all the GW stuff so I go there for some paints and stuff when I am stuck. My oldest son was into Warhammer for a little while and left me all his paints and stuff when he lost interest.

Thanks Kenny. :)

My daughter has been monopolizing the computer for her paper due on Friday (though I do see Facebook up a lot when I walk by :hmmm ) but I can give you a sneek peek from my phone camera. I got off work a couple hours early today so I got some more paint laid down. At this point I should be able to start decals tomorrow night. :yipee

IMG_20141210_221511463_zpsc0b3580e.jpg

Whoa ! Just saw this one, that's a great looking bird Dave, very nice job (y)
The engine looks way cool :D

Laurence

Facebook is a great research tool...no seriously, I've heard that one before. :rotf

Looks great so far :popcorn

Really nice work, Dave- I'm glad I'm not the only one who paints stuff that will never get seen again. :side:

Cheers!

Great looking paint job so far! :good:

After looking at the paint scheme it looks like you are making a Junkers built He 162. :hmmm

Matrixone

Back