• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Razordws 1/32 Revell He 162 for CTA2

exceptional detail on the pit Dave, it's amazing what you can do when you can see what you are doing. :stinker

Thanks Ken.

Paul hope your eyes get better soon.

I placed the weights in the nose and behind the cockpit. The instructions say to put in 45 grams of weight but I've only put in half that and it seems like it is already more than enough. I'd be interested in hearing what you other folk that have built this kit have to say. I'm ready to close this up.

04HE162_zps52f82571.jpg

I found these chunks of lead in a scrap pile at work the other day. I'm think I'm good for weights for awhile. Anyone know what these are from?

05HE162_zps3b6d12ff.jpg

I wonder if they are weights for some calibration set. Odd that they are all the same size. Pit looks good Dave :popcorn

Great work so far Dave!

Those weights almost look like the type they use to balance wheels on your car....

:popcorn

All closed up and ready to start work on the engine. I will close everything up but I still intend to paint the engine. I also found out today that we are finally wrapping up our season at work this week so I'll have more time on my hands to move this forward. (y)

06HE162_zpse913bd6d.jpg

Dave,
I know I'm a bit late but in answer to your question about the nose weight I would add more of it, I have built two of these kits before and found out the hard way that I did not quite put enough weight in the front even after I thought I had more than enough.
Just to make sure your model has enough weight in the nose try and dry fit the landing gear and engine pod to verify the model will balance correctly...better to be safe than sorry.

Matrixone

Thanks Les, you had me a little worried for a moment there but I did as you suggested and it's still sitting on it's nose gear so all is good. (y)

I finished up the engine today. This is the kit engine straight OOB. As I mentioned I am closing it up so I didn't spend too much time and effort on it but I wanted to paint it just for the practice. And yes I know those lines would not be copper but I had the copper paint out and I liked the way it look so I'm pulling out my artistic license on this one. :pp

07HE162_zpscf192b1c.jpg

08HE162_zpsaed2ab4f.jpg

Back