• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Private 24th Foot Rorkes Drift 1879

h23f2585.jpg

You are confusing me,mate. :gogo
Those 2 left paints...Vallejo as well? :blink

Greetings,Ron.

Update and today has been white day so I have basically undercoated the white straps,, bag, and Helmet

I changed my colour mix to by discarding the Andrea colours for vallejo Brown Sand which gives the basic same colour but less mucking about. You can see the bag is in the brown shade as an undercoat.

The mixture is off-white and brown-sand in various mixes

Things may appear stark right now and in some places colours have over run but those will be sorted when it comes to cleaning up the figure and eradicating those silly little mishaps

Photos appear murky and thats cos my phone camera lens was mucky and forgot to clean it ,..anyway :bang head

hc06938c.jpg

hf90ddc8.jpg

hd840927.jpg

Update time

In these few photo`s you can see that I have been tidying up the reds and whites,..slow process but wanted to get it to look right.

heab6a93.jpg

hfb35a9d.jpg

hea335e4.jpg

Heres some more pics,...sorry for my seemingly absent period, not a lot of model time at the moment

subtle refinments

h39aa236.jpg

hbe9f21b.jpg

hf098d32.jpg

h9cc733c.jpg

hb1a5932.jpg

Having looked at the pictures I have now removed the oversized rifle sling and in process of redoing that and having to repaint the Rifle`s wooden parts once again due to the flaking of the paint while removing the sling. I am also in the process of adding dark sweat stains under the raised armpit as it was obviously very hot in Zululand amidst the heat of battle

Back