• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Private 24th Foot Rorkes Drift 1879

Photo makes this way too stark but the transitions are more subtle than shown but more progress this afternoon

ha6d0bf9.jpg

Amazing how quick this is coming along. Are you working on the shadows in the creases as you go or is that just natural shadow?

His hair looks great...in a manly sort of way... :drinks

Nice one Andy. A special request, next figure, could you do each step of the face? I know I'm a pain in the glut emus maxi mus, but its the part that I find the hardest :blush:
James

PS I might even attempt another figure :D

Amazing how quick this is coming along. Are you working on the shadows in the creases as you go or is that just natural shadow?

His hair looks great...in a manly sort of way... :drinks

:laugh: :drinks

When you say shadows do you on the face or the tunic because I have only basecoated that so far ?

James, I keep promising this and I always forget, sorry mate

Well seeing as I have got some half decent pictures taken with my phone camera,.. I do have a few spare heads knocking around,............

As I starter heres the colours I used for this bloke,....

Base 1: Mahogany Brown quite a few thin coats were laid down
Base 2: MB mixed with Flesh Base enough to start seeing lighter areas being shown
I used less and less MB until I finally come up with just FB
I then mix Flat Flesh with the FB and again gradually I get to just pure FF

Shadows I use Burnt Cadmium Red and Shadows Flesh

oops I didnt finish editing LOLOL

Well doesnt have to be Mahogany Brown could be any sort of warm brown colour,..I just thought this colour suited a tanned skin being out in the middle of Zululand and highlighted for the Glare of the overhead sun

Heres a few browns I have used for flesh base colours

Brown Sand
Flesh Base
Orange brown

Here`s my face paint palette box, even though there are 8 colours I rarely use 4 at any given time from L to R colours 1+8 are used for only the tiniest things like super lows or highs

h146102b.jpg

Hi Andy
Man that's coming along ,fantastic job love the face tones around the nose and eyebrow line ,all pulling together really effectively , great hair love the quiff at the front , what a difference to the original with the extra facial hair you added really pushes out the feeling they must of had at the end of that Battle .
Can't wait to see more
Cheers Chris :drinks :good:

Update

Painting the reds arrrgggghhhh doing a bit of cleaning up of the harsh areas and here`s the colours I have been using to sort this

hae6f1af.jpg

ha3fbb7d.jpg

heres the colours Ive been using for the whites which arent actually white :)

h23f2585.jpg

Back