• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Piaggio-Pegna P.C.7

Piaggio Pegna P.C.7...going for last place!!

Looking very sharp Warren (y) (y) (y)

Those decals really make that wing :good:

Cheers, Christian B)

Brought the thread over Warren.

Well, I wasn't able to get it in under the wire so let's try and finish it up here!

Started out last evening by masking the upper and lower wings so I can paint them silver.

Why, on the original wing had flat tubular water radiators smoothly faired into the wings, like all the other Italian racers at the time. You can see the colour difference in this original pic again.

so, I wanted to try and show that with the decals supplied

decal applied (these worked really well)!

close up

I also had to touch up a few areas on the fuselage with some sanding and then had to paint it red again

plus, painted the work horses and the exhaust outlets.

This is where i left off last night

and here is what she looks like at the moment

All that is left is the wind screen, a gloss coat, a few touch up points and a little bit of a wash to highlight a few panel lines.

Looking great! :popcorn

Looking very sharp Warren (y) (y) (y)

Those decals really make that wing :good:

Cheers, Christian B)

thanks Christian!

I like how they look. I think the only way they could be improved would be if there was a little detail under the radiator tubes.

Didn't have much left to finish on this one.

One of my big issues was the glass. The kit gives a template and a small clear plastic sheet, trouble is the real machine had a tiny little window in front so it will need to be modified!

h59356e1.JPG

You can see it in these pictures, it rises up a bit from the overall profile of the plane.

h17ee15b_2017-12-03-2.JPG

hdfe0c86_2017-12-03-4.JPG

I tried making a paper template first to give me an idea how much larger the new glass would need to be...

h7ca6b41.JPG

Then cut out a new one, while just scribing the bend areas with a new blade so that they can bend in shape.

h95f6724.JPG

Then I mixed a drop of Model Master semi gloss black in with some Guard"s Red, some thinner and a drop or two of dish soap for a slightly darker red wash for the panel lines. forgot to grab an image though.

h7daa32d.JPG

So, finally crossing the finish line with this one. Good timing too, my flight has been bumped up a day early so I'm leaving Tuesday now!

h1c53359.JPG

h36c8ea4.JPG

h588d76f.JPG

h35d131a.JPG

h7ac1647_2017-12-03.JPG

h0813b29_2017-12-03.JPG

hb108ac2_2017-12-03.JPG

That is so wickedly saucy! Great job Warren, she looks great. Post it up on the completed thread and I'll hook you up with the Checkered Flag. (y)

Thanks Bob, and thanks for hooking me up with the ribbon!

;)

Chuk, James and Christian,

Thanks for the wonderful comments guys!!!

;)

That is one crazy looking machine Warren. Well Done! (y) (y)

Just reposting this thread for reference for Mike's Martin F104-G build.

(take that PB)! :bat

So, finally crossing the finish line with this one. Good timing too, my flight has been bumped up a day early so I'm leaving Tuesday now!

h1c53359.JPG

h36c8ea4.JPG

h588d76f.JPG

h35d131a.JPG

h7ac1647_2017-12-03.JPG

h0813b29_2017-12-03.JPG

hb108ac2_2017-12-03.JPG

Well if you're going to repost it, repost it. (y)

Just love seeing this. :love

Back