• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Piaggio-Pegna P.C.7

Painted the bling bling!!

h48c35d2.JPG

h733490c_2017-12-02-2.JPG

And buttoned up the fuse/hull! All wrapped up in resin and super glue!!! :gogo

h3165039.JPG

Ok, a question for all you modeling gurus out there!!!

White metal parts!!! What else should I do to prep them except sand them and clean them up???

h7cbb0c8.JPG

You can see there are some mold lines I can't seem to get rid of..

:hmmm

Files will work just make sure there, for models & not the engine block out in the garage. I've heard of a white vinegar bath (acid etch) to remove the white metal oils, but check with the others. :pilot Pit looks real good. (y)

Looking good. A small fine file should fix the seams. Clean and then prime. Then you should be okay to paint.
James

Thanks guys! I started attacking those parts with my files and already have some better results. I'll work more on this! :soldier

But...It's a race to the finish!!! (for me anyway!) :D

Got the main wing on!

h207a827.JPG

The rear skeg

h20dbddb.JPG

and the engine cover. there won't be a lot to clean up on this kit! the resin is beautiful and for the most part, fits like a glove!

h7c20281.JPG

The tail is just sitting in place at the moment, but she's starting to come together!! :drool

h321d84f.JPG

hf6aae5d.JPG

h7eb44e7_2017-12-02.JPG

A lot of work tonight, though mostly sanding, filing and fitting pieces! :soldier

The prop is a 4 part affair, a retaining bushing, a pin, the outer bushing and the prop.

h1a6a05b.JPG

ca'd the bushing on the pin and then drilled out the prop a bit and cut the pin down a little so it will make a tight fit when glued to the fuselage.

hcd6d322.JPG

it'll fit neatly in the front :D

h427641e.JPG

hfda04c0.JPG

I've also been doing some wet sanding on the body and the metal pieces tonight. Found out that it actually floats like the real thing! :D

h0320b13.JPG

ha4c0927.JPG

once the first round of sanding was down I added some filler. Every great model needs some!!

hb4529ee.JPG

Then on to fitting some of the rest of the parts, had to drill out the skeg for the other prop!

h962b2e6.JPG

h3b0f6e4.JPG

and test fit the rear foil

hd38cbc8.JPG

So, here how she sits mocked up minus the rudder, wind screen and exhausts, while I wait for the putty to dry!

hf57ec44.JPG

should have it close to paint time by tomorrow! :coolio

Been at this the last two evenings and have a few more updates!

Nov. 28th....

I've been hard at work filling and sanding. I tried Chuk's suggestion to use Liquid Paper for some of the smaller seams and it seemed to work fine!

h9754b52.JPG

These little exhaust stacks came with the kit but I think I am going to exclude them. I did find a couple reference images that seems to show them but the main images of the test on the lake looks like the craft didn't have them.

h019e8df.JPG

hdfe0c86_2017-12-03-2.JPG

I had read somewhere that if you want a really nice red finish, you should prime in yellow so.....

Banana boat!!

hdaa5633.JPG

Nov. 29th....

I added the last piece tonight, the rear rudder. Just drilled out a small hole and attached it.

hd28b54e.JPG

Started to work on a couple wooden stands to support my little sub/plane!

h950f315.JPG

h1aa0c06.JPG

and finally gave it a nice red colour. i used ModelMaster acrylic Guards red.

h823a0a2.JPG

So, I still have a bit to do but I have all evening tomorrow to work on it. Let's see what happens!!

:frantic

And it's.......

Not going to be finished! :(

I only have 40 min left with 3 more decals to add, the windshield, a bit of a panel wash and any final touch ups. Can't do it without chancing ruining it.

Here's how she looks so far

h4d92346.JPG

Had to sand some spots on the fuselage that needed a touch up, painted the inner parts of the wings silver, painted the work horses, touched up the body with more red then started adding decals. Really thought I could get it done tonight but oh well!!

:smack

Piaggio Pegna P.C.7...going for last place!!

Well, I wasn't able to get it in under the wire so let's try and finish it up here!

Started out last evening by masking the upper and lower wings so I can paint them silver.

h04a5743.JPG

h447e99e.JPG

Why, on the original wing had flat tubular water radiators smoothly faired into the wings, like all the other Italian racers at the time. You can see the colour difference in this original pic again.

hdfe0c86_2017-12-03-3.JPG

so, I wanted to try and show that with the decals supplied

h420a9ab.JPG

decal applied (these worked really well)!

hf9ceab8.JPG

close up

h43ed3cb.JPG

I also had to touch up a few areas on the fuselage with some sanding and then had to paint it red again

ha5e03d1.JPG

plus, painted the work horses and the exhaust outlets.

This is where i left off last night

h0f23b54.JPG

and here is what she looks like at the moment

h4d92346_2017-12-03.JPG

All that is left is the wind screen, a gloss coat, a few touch up points and a little bit of a wash to highlight a few panel lines.

Back