• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Piaggio P.108

http://www.hyperscale.com/2015/galleries/piaggiop108ms_1.htm

Just up over at Hyperscale.

Ian.

Yes, I saw that the other day when it was posted Ian. Guy had some major :zen for doing that scheme on such a large aircraft.

I'm thinking it is still very large in 1/72 . Really can't imagine it in 1/32.

From what I have read the production numbers were very low . I'm not sure that there was an alternate paint scheme.

Cheers, Christian B)

If I remember correctly the parts are there to build either a series I or series II version, the I had the turret nose and the II the bottle nose, only other difference was the II had flame dampers for the exhausts. Unfortunately only markings for the II are supplied

Got a start on this one. Going to be tight to finish this beast with only two and a half months to go. :frantic

The seats were very fragile with a lot of flash and the one control column was short short but no one will see it once it is closed up.

02P108.jpg

03P108.jpg

Had a little bit of time the last few days so I was able to paint the pit and start cleaning up and assembling some of the major parts.

The pit. Still need to do a wash and some dirtying up.

06P108.jpg

07P108.jpg

Couldn't get a good pic of the panel. All the faces are grey like on the right but for some reason it doesn't show up in the picture.

A shot of the dry fit.

04P108.jpg

Now to get that window to fit into "THAT" hole!!!!! :frantic :S :eek:hmy:

05P108.jpg

The cockpit is looking good Dave Have fun with the window .

Sort of wondering if micro crystal glue would not be easier .

Cheers, Christian B)

Cheers, Christian B)

Either way I still have to carve out something that would resemble a window opening. I think it is too big for that anyway but we'll see.

Thanks all for checking in. :drinks

Cheers, Christian B)

Either way I still have to carve out something that would resemble a window opening. I think it is too big for that anyway but we'll see.

Thanks all for checking in. :drinks

Another option would be to make the hole substantially bigger and install a larger piece of clear plastic. You can then fill the gaps around it, sand the clear part flush with the fuselage and just mask off the correct sized window shape.

Back