• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Moon Puppy's T Bucket Pickup

I get it that it's old but really, PE fenders, I mean in scale these fenders are thicker than sherman armor. :rotf

Looking around on the internet I don't see a lot of brass on '25 pickups. :hmmm

I get it that it's old but really, PE fenders, I mean in scale these fenders are thicker than sherman armor. :rotf

Looking around on the internet I don't see a lot of brass on '25 pickups. :hmmm

You know, it is what it is! Before P.E., we used to take a number #11 Exacto blade and using our thumb, carve the inside of the fenders slowly to at least get the illusion they were thin to scale. In other words, the fenders, or whatever; were still as thick, but the edges were scraped so thin, you had the illusion of having scale thin fenders. Now, so much is done for us and there are so many add ons we can use to enhance the authenticity of a model, pretty much anybody can build a model that will look professional. If I was building that, I would just accept that it is an old kit, and build it for nostalgic reasons. Hell, it looks good to me! I seriously doubt anybody will criticize you for having thick fenders. Besides, if they do, so what? Ask them why the cylinders and crankshaft on their model doesn't operate like the real thing :yipee

Hang in there!

You know, it is what it is! Before P.E., we used to take a number #11 Exacto blade and using our thumb, carve the inside of the fenders slowly to at least get the illusion they were thin to scale. In other words, the fenders, or whatever; were still as thick, but the edges were scraped so thin, you had the illusion of having scale thin fenders.

I just did this last night for the cowl flaps on the SBD. :laugh:

Slight change of directions.

Blame Iron Mike. :Hiay

yuengling-brewery-old-picture.jpeg

which leads to one of the greatest lines in cinema history.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRnLao0uf_w

:rotf

So, needs some help

Can anyone make a Yuengling logo decal for me and point me in the direction of a mess of beer barrels I can load up in back, eh? :drinks :drink

The quick and easy solution would to be find a Beer Wagon kit, it's chuck full of barrels, but I'm sure there's resin pieces too. Where's Gator when you need him? He has the decal thing going on.

Always glad to corrupt, I mean, inspire you. :D

:drinks

Glass jugs of white lightnin', an old Winchester model 12, 12 Gauge pump, THEN a Tarp! :eek:ldguy :yipee

Tally Ho! :drinks

Thank you to Mike Grant (Strangeways) for coming through with the Yuengling decals. I was worried they got held up in Canadian Customs for promoting a non Canadian beer eh?

he60798b.jpg

They look great so now I gotta get back on this and move forward.

Thanks again Mike. :drinks

Back