• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Moon Puppy's T Bucket Pickup

:rotf
they loaded them up on a forklift..guess OSHA wasn't around back then.

I didn't know they had wireless amps back then?

I got an update!

h7e101d6.jpg

Basic black is always in style.

ha999448.jpg

Tailgate will be installed. Was thinking of having it dropped but I couldn't find the right size chain.

h9803621.jpg

Top up and dry fitted. Doesn't look like the windshield and roof will cause that much problem.

he55613b.jpg

on the other hand...AMT would have you install a solid axle between the front wheels. I can't have that. I need to modify the knuckle to accept the pivot wheel. I soldered (was inspired to do some soldering) two rods, one will be the axle and the other will be the pivot. Half tempted to do all the tie rod in brass but I'm out of scale hardware stuff so that would make it a bit more difficult.

Gonna load up the bed with stuff...don't know what but some stuff.

Sweet.

Wasn't Ford's marketing idea 'You can have any color you want, as long as it's black'?

Too Bloody Right!!
Back in the Day, Henry Ford would sell you a Model T in any color you wanted, as long as it was Black, black, Black or black! Soldering!! I love to solder! You have my admiration! (y) :ro: :good: :yipee

Too Bloody Right!!
Back in the Day, Henry Ford would sell you a Model T in any color you wanted, as long as it was Black, black, Black or black! Soldering!! I love to solder! You have my admiration! (y) :ro: :good: :yipee

I thought this was proven to be false and that you could get a bunch of colours????

Looking' good MP!

Too Bloody Right!!

I thought this was proven to be false and that you could get a bunch of colours????

Looking' good MP!

From Wiki
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Model_T#Colors

By 1918, half of all the cars in the US were Model Ts. However, it was a monolithic bloc; Ford wrote in his autobiography that in 1909 he told his management team that in the future “Any customer can have a car painted any color that he wants so long as it is black”.[28]

However, in the first years of production from 1908 to 1913, the Model T was not available in black[29] but rather only gray, green, blue, and red. Green was available for the touring cars, town cars, coupes, and Landaulets. Gray was only available for the town cars, and red only for the touring cars. By 1912, all cars were being painted midnight blue with black fenders. It was only in 1914 that the "any color so long as it is black" policy was finally implemented. It is often stated that Ford suggested the use of black from 1914 to 1926 due to the cheap cost and durability of black paint. During the lifetime production of the Model T, over 30 types of black paint were used on various parts of the car.[29] These were formulated to satisfy the different means of applying the paint to the various parts, and had distinct drying times, depending on the part, paint, and method of drying.

So the early ones you had some cool colors to pick but later..Black. :coolio

Too Bloody Right!!

Looking' good MP!

From Wiki
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Model_T#Colors

By 1918, half of all the cars in the US were Model Ts. However, it was a monolithic bloc; Ford wrote in his autobiography that in 1909 he told his management team that in the future “Any customer can have a car painted any color that he wants so long as it is black”.[28]

However, in the first years of production from 1908 to 1913, the Model T was not available in black[29] but rather only gray, green, blue, and red. Green was available for the touring cars, town cars, coupes, and Landaulets. Gray was only available for the town cars, and red only for the touring cars. By 1912, all cars were being painted midnight blue with black fenders. It was only in 1914 that the "any color so long as it is black" policy was finally implemented. It is often stated that Ford suggested the use of black from 1914 to 1926 due to the cheap cost and durability of black paint. During the lifetime production of the Model T, over 30 types of black paint were used on various parts of the car.[29] These were formulated to satisfy the different means of applying the paint to the various parts, and had distinct drying times, depending on the part, paint, and method of drying.

So the early ones you had some cool colors to pick but later..Black. :coolio

Having a single color meant you didn't have to stop the assembly line to change the paint colors. Keeping the line running made for efficient assembly and production which meant lower costs.

Nice work Bob, keep it going!
:popcorn

See?!? Even a aging Porch Rhino can still learn something new about something old! :tomato I stand corrected and informed. Thanks Men! :notworthy

Too many distractions around here lately. Hope I get a grove on again, just not feeling it.

So I was obsessing about the bed of the pickup and how wrong this is, how much work could be done back there to make it right then my adviser told to just git'er one so...

hcf72465.jpg

h3a0b938.jpg

hf377b1d.jpg

I articulated the front wheels but not the steering linkage. Could have spent a great deal of time on that but no...let's git'er one.

Gonna load up the bed with some dirt and gravel for the farm, maybe some other things. A Tarp maybe.. :soldier

What I wanna figure out now is just how much brass will be on this and what condition it would be in. :idonno :hmmm

It is a shame there's no PE offering for this thing. So many options, body styles...if only it were Russian Armor. :rotf

Looks fine. Kwitcherbitchin' and finish it, already. It's a bloody old AMT kit, so way before its PE time.

(y)

Back