• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

ME410 All the Way

Thank you for sharing this wonderful building with the illustrations. i really enjoyed reading through all of the build so far .... (y)

My TNT friends- you are a priceless gang of Combat Wombats- my thanks!

I've been busy- and distracted- and been screwing up! Fritzi will give you all the grisly details...
Me410_455.jpg

Me410_456.jpg

Me410_457.jpg

Me410_458.jpg

Me410_459.jpg

Me410_460.jpg

Me410_461.jpg

Me410_462.jpg

Me410_463.jpg

Me410_464.jpg

Me410_465.jpg

Me410_466.jpg

Me410_467.jpg

Well Fritzi , (I will address you as being a short blonde you are bound to be the smartest :blush: ) :hmmm why dont you cast it , cut it , paint it & join it ? :idonno

But I really do not know much about planes :blink

Jenny :kiss:

lovely like always! too bad about your masking problems chuck!

maybe you create a mask out of thin cardboard, strengthened with some ca glue so that the edges would be smooth?

Just a thought, Chuck, but could you use the brass"punch" you made for the decal paper as a mask? Paint the spinner white, place on surface, hold down in place with the tube and spray black. It should give you a VERY nice sharp demarcation line.

Something else that might work. A Stettler circle template. Put the appropriate size hole over the cone and spray. I've used that before for spinners and for wheel hubs. Hope that helps.
James

Viper_MP wrote:
Just a thought, Chuck, but could you use the brass"punch" you made for the decal paper as a mask? Paint the spinner white, place on surface, hold down in place with the tube and spray black. It should give you a VERY nice sharp demarcation line.

Sounds good to me, not sure why the reverse mask didn't work unless it's spraying white over black that just don't work.

If you're getting leakage seal that mask with some future or the base color before spraying the second color.

Hiya Fritzi Chuk :blink

It looks pretty good to me, but that aint sayin much :pinch: .

I will chime in though with the rest of the Combat Wombat gang and offer my bestest oldest trick for the masking mess.

First take an old plastic type grocery bag. using a hole punch or similar device cut a small round hole in the plastic. Then place the tip of the spinner in the hole, and slowly push it through until you reach the desired depth. The plastic is very thin to start with, and gets even thinner as it stretches to take the body of the spinner. It is usually sufficiently tight that it doesn't need to be taped down or anything so long as you are ready to paint right away. If you practice a couple of times, it gets pretty easy. Then when the paint dries just slip the plastic off, and you should have a very fine demarcation. Just be careful if you are using paints that have a lacquer base, as it may make a mess of the plastic bag :eek:hmy:

Gary B)

This build is absolutely nuts... :woohoo:

In a really nice way of course... :laugh:

Great work and I love the amazing characters and "story". (y)

Awesome work. This is just beautiful, and so many tips. Its so cool to see how you over come each challenge.
James

Hanging out with this gang of tankers is affecting me- I can't stop adding more details! It's downright addictive, and hold you all to blame! ;) Thanks, Kameraden- you're the best ground-pounders I know.

Construction moves forward- and masking begins! We make some things, and hope we're not making things up- right, Hauptmann Hannah?

Me410_486.jpg

Me410_487.jpg

Me410_488.jpg

Me410_489.jpg

Me410_490.jpg

Me410_491.jpg

Me410_492.jpg

Me410_493.jpg

Me410_494.jpg

Me410_495.jpg

Me410_496.jpg

Me410_497.jpg