• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

M-24 CHAFFEE "DONE"

M-24 CHAFFEE "TRACKS"

Added some more turret details.....

DSC04601.JPG

DSC04602.JPG

DSC04603.JPG

DSC04604.JPG

B)

M-24 CHAFFEE "TRACKS"

BAMN!

:popcorn

Those scrub marks on the inside of the hatch not going to cause problems later one? Primer fill it in ok?

M-24 CHAFFEE "TRACKS"

BAMN!

:popcorn

Those scrub marks on the inside of the hatch not going to cause problems later one? Primer fill it in ok?

I will give it coat of Tamiya liquid cement and smooth it out. I don't know if I like the latches yet.

:hmmm

M-24 CHAFFEE "TRACKS"

They do seem a bit pronounced if you know what I mean. Looks like someone would bang the hell of out their head when it's closed.

M-24 CHAFFEE "TRACKS"

They do seem a bit pronounced if you know what I mean. Looks like someone would bang the hell of out their head when it's closed.

trying to find a good picture, but from what I've see they need to be thinner. Still going to hit your head just not as fast.

hf90685b.jpg

hf234d48.jpg

M-24 CHAFFEE "TURRET DETAILS"

I'm surprised at how chunky the are in the real pics. Your look good after seeing the real thing although maybe a tad overscale. Not sure how you could do better though Terry. :popcorn
James

I'm surprised at how chunky the are in the real pics. Your look good after seeing the real thing although maybe a tad overscale. Not sure how you could do better though Terry. :popcorn
James

Thanks James! I think I will give it a go. I think I may have a way.

:D

Ok I took another shot at it. They look a little more like the real thing at least it's the best I can do.

DSC04605.JPG

DSC04606.JPG

DSC04607.JPG

and added some other details

DSC04608.JPG

DSC04609.JPG

DSC04610.JPG

DSC04611.JPG

DSC04612.JPG

B)

Paint on the turret....

Black...

DSC04616.JPG

Black plus black green....

DSC04617.JPG

Black green...

DSC04618.JPG

Olive drab shading...

DSC04619.JPG

Olive drab plus yellow green shading...

DSC04620.JPG

Yellow green highlights...

DSC04621.JPG

Oil wash of Olive green and raw umber.....

DSC04622.JPG

Dry brush olive green, cadmium yellow, and white...

DSC04623.JPG

DSC04624.JPG

DSC04625.JPG

DSC04626.JPG

DSC04627.JPG

DSC04628.JPG

Thanks for looking.

B)

Back