• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Logistics, The Figures Updated Feb 8th, 2021

Re: Logistics, The Figures Updated March 9, 2012

Hi Bob,

As usuall the figures look great, it's always nice to see pictures of them "in the process of building and painting" always a lot to learn! And your stories never get old, keep them comming (y)

Good luck with the moving, it must be a logistical nightmare, a bit like organizing D-Day in scale :D But then again nothing you and Susan can't handle!! (y) (y)

Please give Susan a big hug from us!

Erik & Gerda

Re: Logistics, The Figures Updated January 27, 2013

Hi Bob.

I just love it when you tell your stories. Your recent comments on nitpickers and diorama planning and size are refreshing and *EXTREMELY* encouraging to those of us who have been targetted. Just this week I was told by someone about all the flaws in the Academy M-51 kit I'm starting to build. Such can really take the joy out of building a model. Anyway, I shrugged off those "Negative waves" and will continue with my M-51 buld which is actually a kit bash since I decided to build mine as a welded hull version. Your comments and step by step tutorials are a real inspiration to us lesser mortals. I salute your dedication and preseverance.

Cheers

Thanks Peter,

I've just been around a long time and experienced so much of that. I remember well a club I belonged to (I won't mention the name), had an obsession with getting new and especially younger members and rightfully so. That was all the officers of the club seemed to talk about. However, when we would get some younger new members and they would bring in their models for show and tell, those same damned people would be so critical and sarcastic, we'd never see them again. Such a pity. That was back in the 80s. I went to a large show about 5 years ago and many of them were there. After all these years, they hadn't changed a bit. I still didn't like them and they still don't like me. Some things never change!

Bob

Re: Logistics, The Figures Updated March 9, 2012

Hi Bob,

As usuall the figures look great, it's always nice to see pictures of them "in the process of building and painting" always a lot to learn! And your stories never get old, keep them comming (y)

Good luck with the moving, it must be a logistical nightmare, a bit like organizing D-Day in scale :D But then again nothing you and Susan can't handle!! (y) (y)

Please give Susan a big hug from us!

Erik & Gerda

Hi Erik,

Thanks, Logistics is kinda like the never-ending story!

Those stories, Hell, I got a million of 'em! Be glad you live in Europe or you'd be tired of hearing me tell them! :yipee

I think that's the best description of what the move will be like that I have heard so far! (y)

Give Gerda and Miranda a big hug from me and Susan!

Bob

Hi Bob, Always a treat to check in on your progress (y) (y) (y)

Good luck with the move!!

Randy

Truly amazing work and beautiful details!!! :notworthy (y)

All the best!
Dusan.

Congratulations! A really great job (as always you've used) :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

Great Bob!...love your job! :dude

:drinks

Luiz.

Great Bob!...love your job! :dude

:drinks

Luiz.

Thanks Luiz,

I haven't posted in awhile because I have been building figures. I am now up to 305 and only another 15 or so to go. I don't know what I thought 300+ figures would look like, but it's a lot. When they are all built, I will photograph all of them together and post them here. Probably next week sometime. I am also nearing completion of the vehicles as well.

Bob

All those figures are gonna look like a massive family reunion or something, haha.

Logistics, The Figures Updated January 27, 2013

I have had a lot going on this year, and only recently have been able to get back to my workbench. All 340 figures for Logistics are now built, detailed, posed and converted. What was it like? Well, to be honest, I really didn't mind the building, converting and posing. Even the detailing wasn't bad except... For all those damned straps. I have made them from photo-etched brass, photo-etched stainless steel, lead foil and strip annealed brass. Hundreds of rifle straps, helmet straps, back pack straps, kit and rucksack straps. I never want to attach another strap in my life! :bang head :bang head :bang head

Here is what 325 figures look like. Fifteen are completely finished and attached to Sherman tanks as crew or tank riders. I only have four more to build. I bought the new Bronco truck drivers kit and it hasn't arrived yet!

There are 10 boxes altogether. One isn't shown as they are all painted. They are difficult to photograph. I thought of placing all of them on the photograph table individually, it would have been more impressive, but I just finished 9 hours straight of super gluing the last straps and wasn't in the mood.

Here are the first photos. The left front box are mostly refugees. The right front are entirely 101st Airborne troops. The left rear are mostly refugees, the right rear are tank crews and tank riders. The rear center box are American officers, photographers, aids, and news crews, mostly from Patton's entourage.

Figures01-1_zps3e55f1ed.jpg

The three boxes on the upper left are a mix of refugees, townspeople and construction workers.

figures02-2_zpscda6fab8.jpg

The box on top are all townspeople.

figures03-1_zpsd14c31fa.jpg

The two boxes in the foreground are refugees, carts, horses and mules.

figures05_zpsb337111e-1.jpg

The box on the upper far left are all construction workers, civilians trying to help sort out their lives from the massive amounts of rubble that will be on the dio. The box on the upper right are American G.I.s and Military Police.

figures05_zpsb337111e.jpg

Here in the box on the right are tank crews and tank riders. There are 28 tank riders altogether, averaging 3 and a half riders per tank.

figures07_zps2acb8122.jpg

Here I tried to get an overall shot, but the sides of the boxes are too high to see all the figures.

[
figures08_zps748b8336.jpg

Anyway, Now I want to finish up all the vehicles and then I'll begin the assembly line figure painting marathon.

Believe it or not, I feel I'm over the hump and on the downhill run!

Bob

Logistics, The Figures Updated April 12th, 2013

Thanks James and Junior,

Now all I have to do is paint them! :bang head :bang head :bang head

Bob

Back