• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Logistics, The Figures Updated Feb 8th, 2021

Re: Logistics, The Figures Updated June 5th, 2011

Thanks James, just so you know, that high gloss on the face and holster will flatten down as the oils dry. Still a sheen but much more subtle within 4 or 5 days. The goggles will stay the same!

Bob

I am throughly enjoying this thread Bob (y)

I am slowly turning to the idea of using oils as part of my shading, something I can never get right using my Vallejo`s
Although I will still use the acrylics for my bascoating and highlighting

well thats one chap youve got done only another 200+ to go :D

I am throughly enjoying this thread Bob (y)

I am slowly turning to the idea of using oils as part of my shading, something I can never get right using my Vallejo`s
Although I will still use the acrylics for my bascoating and highlighting

well thats one chap youve got done only another 200+ to go :D

Hey Andy,

Glad you like it! Pretty much as a rule, I use acrylics to base coat flesh and then, strictly oils. For uniforms, I use Humbrol and acrylics, Humbrol strictly for highlighting and artist's oils for shading. It's just the way I've always done it and you know what they say about old dogs......and new tricks.

Bob

Re: Logistics, The Figures Updated June 6, 2011

Rock-On BoB !! :ro:

It's just like riding a Bike !!! I can't wait to see this all come together !!! Great Job !!

Rock-On BoB !! :ro:

It's just like riding a Bike !!! I can't wait to see this all come together !!! Great Job !!

Thanks Erik, I'm in the same boat! I am really anxious to see it finished myself.... for more than one reason! :D

Bob

OK, Just added 38 more figures to the population. I think I am now over 300. I have maybe another 30 or 40 to go, mostly vehicle crews!

Figures01.jpg

Another view.

figures02.jpg

And here is a lot of them together.

figures03.jpg

It's coming along! Once the vehicles and figures are finished, then all my attention back to the base and buildings

Bob

Re: Logistics, The Figures Updated July 25, 2011

It looks very impressive, but I cant even fathom painting 300odd figures. Just mind boggling. Fantastic stuff Bob. Just fantastic. (y) (y) (y) (y)
James

Wow, you'll be making up for all the years with all those figures!

Regards,

:blink I'm have trouble just getting one done. :notworthy

:ro:

BoB ,

MInd blowing !! 300 + Whew !! I thought I had it tough trying to do 14 figures by th end of Next Month. .... Assembly Line production for sure !!

Roll-On Big Daddy !! :ro: :ro: :drinks

It looks very impressive, but I cant even fathom painting 300odd figures. Just mind boggling. Fantastic stuff Bob. Just fantastic. (y) (y) (y) (y)
James

Thanks James,

I can't fathom it myself, I'll let you know what it feels like when it's over! :gogo :gogo

Bob

Wow, you'll be making up for all the years with all those figures!

Regards,

Thanks Saul, not intended as a brag, but if you think about it, I have probably painted more figures than any other modeler. There were four of these huge ones before this and all had at least 200 to 300 figures, then all the smaller ones, all the box art, etc. etc. Maybe if I keep this up, I'll get it right some day! :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Bob

:blink I'm have trouble just getting one done. :notworthy

:ro:

Thanks Terry,

I know what the problem is! You are a very stable guy. In order to do things like this, you have to be relatively insane.
:woohoo: :gogo :woohoo: :gogo :woohoo:

Bob

BoB ,

MInd blowing !! 300 + Whew !! I thought I had it tough trying to do 14 figures by th end of Next Month. .... Assembly Line production for sure !!

Roll-On Big Daddy !! :ro: :ro: :drinks

I'm rollin' Erik, I'm rollin" !!

Bob

Well, seven more figures completed. The Jumbo tank crew and three riders.

Front-2~1.jpg

lftfrnt~1.jpg

lftfrnt01~1.jpg

lftrear~1.jpg

lftrear01~1.jpg

Lftside-1~1.jpg

rtfrnt~1.jpg

rear-2~1.jpg

rtrear~1.jpg

rtrear01~1.jpg

rtside-1~1.jpg

To be continued.

You know, I don't know what to admire more, your talent or the ability to see all this in your mind and act on it.

:notworthy

You know, I don't know what to admire more, your talent or the ability to see all this in your mind and act on it.

:notworthy

Thanks Bob,

The hardest thing for me is keeping it all straight in my head! :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Dad

Re: Logistics, The Figures Updated March 9, 2012

Well, after the holidays, Susan and I have decided to put our house up for sale and eventually move back to our home town of Springfield, Missouri after 48 years in St. Louis. That is where our families are.

Most of January I have spent preparing the house for the showings, however, I did get some bench time in this week. Since we are going out of Las Vegas soon on a vacation, I decided to do something I could complete in 4 or 5 days. I chose to do the 18 figures that will be marching on either side of the tank column across the front of the diorama. They will be a part of Easy company of the 506th infantry parachute regiment, 101st Airborne division.

At one time there were several kits of airborne troops that could easily have been converted to marchers. I should have bought them then because they aren't easy to find these days. Anyway, I bought two of each of the Dragon kits currently available and two of the Masterbox sets. I did a lot of posing, converting and detailing these. I added a lot of lead foil and PE brass straps, strings, helmet straps as well as various gear and weapons.

A few photos are not in focus, but the only painting I have done so far is the base flesh coats and the base coats for the wood stocks of the weapons base.

Easy01_zpsa8e7c81b.jpg

Easy02_zps96bc8726.jpg

Easy03_zpsd093066c.jpg

Easy04_zps084b8328.jpg

This one is Captain Winters. :D

Easy05_zps020709de.jpg

Easy07_zps2e7a08b0.jpg

Easy08_zps4d10358b.jpg

Easy09_zps07ae94ec.jpg

Easy10_zpsb664aaea.jpg

Easy11_zps60f31b02.jpg

Easy11_zps60f31b02.jpg

Easy12_zps4a1c0b4c.jpg

Easy13_zps26df90d1.jpg

Easy14_zps547ebb42.jpg

Easy15_zps586b3174.jpg

Easy16_zps35389b21.jpg

Easy17_zpsfde68450.jpg

[
Easy18_zps7c7cfbf1.jpg

And finally. all of them together.

Easy19_zps42878a17.jpg

They will all get the easy company, 506th PIR, white ace of spades on either side of their helmets, (The parachute infantry regiments of the 101st Airborne Division marked the sides of their helmets with distinctive symbols from playing cards. The 501st PIR used a diamond, the 502nd PIR a heart, the 506th PIR a spade, and the 327th GIR a club), the Screaming Eagle patches and all the details. In 1942, the paratroopers got their own special uniform. These figures will be wearing both the paratrooper uniforms as they did in Normandy, and some will have the M-1943 standardized army uniforms and a few combinations of each as the 1943 uniforms didn't reach the ETO until early 1945.

I'm really anxious to get started painting these. My earlier estimates of the numbers I have built was in error. As of this, I have 54 finished, and 201 built, posed and detailed. I still have an even 75 left to build for a total of 330 altogether.

So the camera was blurry and it wasn't my eyes! Mighty fine work and I wouldn't be able to see after such a sit down at the bench.

Regards,

Re: Logistics, The Figures Updated January 27, 2013

48 years! Yikes. I have only been in my current house 11 years, and I don't want to think about just going through MY stuff. (Much less "helping" my wife with her museum). Good for you. I hope it is a great move and you get something that you have wanted, and loose something that you wanted to get rid of. (A swimming pool for instance. It could go either way!)

It's nice to see more of your work. The figures look great! They really set the hardware off. Thanks for sharing!

Cheers,

Bill

Looking awesome Bob :notworthy I've struggled with four figures :lol:

It has to be a nightmare to pack up the museum!

Tim

Back