• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Latest Acquisitions Revisited!

Latest Acquisitions

Finally my Tiger 2s arrived. One for James and 2 for me. Was quite surprised to see each one signed by Mig. Also got some other kits today. Now to clear the desk and go nuts :)

DSC06623.JPG

DSC06624.JPG

DSC06625.JPG

DSC06626.JPG

DSC06627.JPG

DSC06628.JPG

DSC06629.JPG

James

Latest Acquisitions

So what's the story with the signatures James? I watched a build video on the King Tiger with interior and those really look to be nice kits!

Latest Acquisitions

So what's the story with the signatures James? I watched a build video on the King Tiger with interior and those really look to be nice kits!

Ammo of Mig had a pre order sale so I got the three kits and a few paint sets for James and I. I guess the pre orders came with Migs signature. Or maybe he was being really nice to me. No matter it was a nice surprise. Not sure I will pre order again as I can get the stuff a bit cheaper and sooner from Hong Kong. But the pre sale price and paint bundle was a good value no matter what.

Deliver James; 505 Tiger tonight and he seemed pretty happy. Should pick his spirits up after coming home early.
James

Latest Acquisitions

I've been good(ish) lately. I don't think I've bought any kits for about a month now...but last time I did, I broke down and snagged 3. A Harrier, MiG-21 (another one :smack ), and an Expeditor II (military Beechcraft 18).

I know there are still a couple coming supposedly by year's end that Gerry will be getting my money for...but they haven't been released yet.

Latest Acquisitions

Have spent a bit lately on stuff that I really wanted. Really need to weed out the stuff that I am not most like ly going to be building. Slowly working my way in that direction.

Latest Acquisitions

Well, I finally have some time to post here. Now that I have a job, I decided to replenish a few things, and purchase a few more. I also bought some raffle tickets at the last Orangecon and was able to pick up a few prizes.

Anyway, here they are. I'll start with the supplies I bought. I needed the Mr. Surfacer so I picked them up. The Alclad supplies I bought because they were 40% off. I also picked up the tube of glue because I always do that when I shop for supplies:

Model_Supplies_I.jpg

These are supplies and tools I won in the raffle at Orangecon:

Model_Tools_I.jpg

These next ones are the models I acquired. This first one was sent to me by Chris so I could do the "Hippy Ed Tribute Build". Thanks Chris!

RA_5_Vigilante.jpg

This next one is a model I won as a door prize at my AMPS meeting:

Churchill_AVRE.jpg

That had been on my list of models to get.

This Space Shuttle was a raffle prize at Orangecon:

Armaggeddon_Space_Shuttle.jpg

Yes, I'll build it even though it ain't my scale. It's a "what if" anyway.

This next one was someone else's raffle prize that I purchased off him since he didn't want it. He made back his ticket money which made him happy. This is the Surcouf in 1//350 scale:

Surcouf_350.jpg

Finally, these are the latest models I purchased from the LHS. The Boxer I got for the decals since I lost the original ones. Now I can finish the one. The other is a model I had been wanting to get:

Small_Scale_Vehicles_I.jpg

That's all I have for now. Now if I can only find the time to work on something I'll be thrilled!

Latest Acquisitions

Thanks! That sub had eight-inch guns on it and was classified by the French as an underwater cruiser. Definitely an interesting ship!

I like the ammunition truck too; I can't wait to get started on it.

Latest Acquisitions

Very nice scores there fellars ... I was able to finally buy my mini saw ....

h31f46c5.jpg

I've already started the Scale lumber Company ... currently making western red cedar into small lumber for building scale structures ....

Latest Acquisitions

Got 3 new ones today -
Kitty Hawk 1/48 Banshee
B0835257-FCDE-4E0B-840F-0AF11D2F5FBB_zpsbyeqvw17.jpg

Tamiya 1/48 Tomcat
6F0AAA63-270D-482A-ABB0-C475166FAAF2_zpsgasdl9j3.jpg

AMK 1/48 MiG-31
ED8EB07F-4760-4E48-912A-B92E753BBCA2_zpsz0b35ky3.jpg

Not sure what I will dive into first but I'm leaning more towards the F-14 perhaps :hmmm

Latest Acquisitions

Nice! I still want that MiG-31...but before I sting the wallet that much, I want to get my hands on AMK's upcoming F-14 and Airfix's Victor B.2.

Latest Acquisitions

You lot are on a different level to me :) I think what i want to build next then go down the shops and buy it. I think if i even had two kits in the cupboard i would have brain overload !! they would just worry me as yet more jobs that need to be done. I suppose its a fault in my make up that i have to be in control and on top of my tasks and a stash would be a huge worry for me :)
That said i remember years ago that a huge amount of the fun was in getting the box in your hands and examining all the pieces never mind building the thing so i fully understand these buying sprees and its a great way for people like me to see what is out there. ;)

Back