• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Latest Acquisitions Revisited!

Latest Acquisitions

You lot are on a different level to me :) I think what i want to build next then go down the shops and buy it. I think if i even had two kits in the cupboard i would have brain overload !! they would just worry me as yet more jobs that need to be done. I suppose its a fault in my make up that i have to be in control and on top of my tasks and a stash would be a huge worry for me :)
That said i remember years ago that a huge amount of the fun was in getting the box in your hands and examining all the pieces never mind building the thing so i fully understand these buying sprees and its a great way for people like me to see what is out there. ;)

I wouldn't call it a fault Paddy. There is something to be said about only having what you need. Admittedly most of my purchases are typically sale items (typically at least 50% off MSRP) or items I know I want to build eventually, but are out of production and not always available for a "reasonable" price, or just flat out tricky to get a hold of.

Just different ways of attacking a problem, neither one being any more or any less right. At least that's my take on it. ;)

Latest Acquisitions

My SA8 came in as well as my entry to CTA III, a BA-20. And the new Panda SA-15 kit.

DSC06630.JPG

DSC06631.JPG

DSC06632.JPG

James

Latest Acquisitions

Some goodies from the Ukraine:
MiniArt35200a.jpg

Click image to see a photo review and I assembled a few links too.

MiniArt35561.jpg

MiniArt35563.jpg

MiniArt35568.jpg

MiniArt35575a.jpg

MiniArt38006a.jpg

Regards,

Latest Acquisitions

You lot are on a different level to me :) I think what i want to build next then go down the shops and buy it. I think if i even had two kits in the cupboard i would have brain overload !! they would just worry me as yet more jobs that need to be done. I suppose its a fault in my make up that i have to be in control and on top of my tasks and a stash would be a huge worry for me :)
That said i remember years ago that a huge amount of the fun was in getting the box in your hands and examining all the pieces never mind building the thing so i fully understand these buying sprees and its a great way for people like me to see what is out there. ;)

Years ago I was like you Paddy and build what I bought. Then there was a kit that I really wanted to get (IIRC a Revell 1/32 P-47 Thunderbolt ) (yeah in the days before Hasegawa and the other newer kits A LOOOONG time ago) and it was not to be found anyplace.

After that I started obtaining anything that really interested me. "Just to have it for later" Now I am reaching a point where I am starting to thin out the stash a bit. Some I will never build, and some I have decided that I will most likely not ever get around to.

Latest Acquisitions

A quick trip with my son to Michael's craft shop. Each of us with a 50% off one item coupon. Result is Olfa handle (thanks Kenny, like 38 handles weren't enough) and more Xacto Z blades.

OlfaAndZblades.JPG

Regards,

Latest Acquisitions

recent additions:

A couple Ebay scores

I was just in Massachusetts (looking for white sharks) and stopped in a little hobby store on Cape Cod called Centerline Hobbies. Great store with lots of selections! Picked up these two:

Got plans for this little guy!!! :evil:

And this beast, which will be my new kit for CTA III! :D

Latest Acquisitions

recent additions:

A couple Ebay scores

I was just in Massachusetts (looking for white sharks) and stopped in a little hobby store on Cape Cod called Centerline Hobbies. Great store with lots of selections! Picked up these two:

Got plans for this little guy!!! :evil:

And this beast, which will be my new kit for CTA III! :D

I built the Betty a few years back. Such a nice build. Whatever you do though get the mask set for the windows.

Latest Acquisitions

My latest?
I just ordered this.

https://www.reliableparts.com/product/inv_P151101/blower_motors_inducer_motors

HEAT for my garage! Building season will be much better for me, hopefully. :zen

Latest Acquisitions

Heat in the garage is awesome. I picked up a UFO infrared heater last year or the year before. World of difference.

:ro:

Latest Acquisitions

Heat in the garage is awesome. I picked up a UFO infrared heater last year or the year before. World of difference.

If that thing kicked out 35000BTU I might look at it but I doubt it does. I got 800sq ft to heat up and I'm cold natured. :blink

Latest Acquisitions

If that thing kicked out 35000BTU I might look at it but I doubt it does. I got 800sq ft to heat up and I'm cold natured. :blink

Definitely more of a spot heater vs and area heater. But I do notice a difference in my garage, which is only about 500sq ft and largely insulated (walls are, not doors or single pane windows). They have about a 200 sq ft area coverage. They tend to work better if you are working in one general area. Mine is on a stand as well, so I can move it around if I need too.

Latest Acquisitions

the one I have now is a gas convection type, old school wall unit. The fan went out on it last year and I couldn't get anyone to replace it. Problem was I couldn't find a service plate on this thing, anywhere. No name, no part numbers. The other night I googled and clicked, clicked, clicked...and stumbled on it. I checked the wiring diagram and some part numbers in the unit. It's a match.

so about $100 delievered and half an afternoon installing, I should be crispy again. :eek:hyeah

Latest Acquisitions

I had to replace my gas heater in the 1400 sq ft shop (Garage) a few years ago. It is a ceiling hung gas fired "bodine" style. Being in a garage in Michigan, that is turned off except when the building is being used is really hard on heaters of that type. The extremes of expansion and contraction on the heat exchanger from 0 degrees to 65 degrees really does them in because of metal fatigue. After about 20 years, I could see the flames right through large cracks in the exchanger. It also is hard on motor bearings. I now have a low temp thermostat that maintains the building at around 35 degrees. I hope it will reduce the expansion somewhat. On the plus side, it keeps the frost out from under the concrete slab floor making it easier on the feet and quicker to warm up the building, keeps the air in the building dryer and significantly reduces frost buildup on my machine tools and has eliminated the loss of adhesives and paints and other stuff due to freezing. The reduction of the loss expense partly covers the cost of maintaining the temp above the 35 degree minimum. I like it. I figure about $1.50 a day for the overall use of the building.

EJ

Back