• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

KRIEG ADLER PROJECT "LET THERE BE LIGHT"

KRIEG ADLER PROJECT "LET THE PROJECT BEGIN"

With the installation of the front strut I was able to close up the cockpit and work on the canopy layout. The canopy will lift forward supported by gas struts that I fabricated out of aluminum tube and copper wire. Here is how things look right now.

Terry

DSC02283.JPG

DSC02280.JPG

DSC02281.JPG

DSC02282.JPG

The newly manufactured gas struts.

DSC02285.JPG

Slide rails on the canopy frame.

DSC02286.JPG

The struts installed for the moment.

DSC02287.JPG

DSC02288.JPG

With the installation of the front strut I was able to close up the cockpit and work on the canopy layout. The canopy will lift forward supported by gas struts that I fabricated out of aluminum tube and copper wire. Here is how things look right now.

Terry

DSC02283.JPG

DSC02280.JPG

DSC02281.JPG

DSC02282.JPG

The newly manufactured gas struts.

DSC02285.JPG

Slide rails on the canopy frame.

DSC02286.JPG

The struts installed for the moment.

DSC02287.JPG

DSC02288.JPG

It'll give a great view!

Err...Seatbelts? :coolio

Next on my list. When I am scratch building I kinda do things as I solve the problem. So don't worry I'm getting around to it.

Terry :laugh:

KRIEG ADLER PROJECT "THE OFFICE IS CLOSED"

While the future is curing on the canopies I moved on to the wing/fuselage. The parts have decent detail on the outside, the inside is completly open. The area that appears to be air intakes is completly open and you can see the whole interior. So I'm working on closeing that up and adding details. More on that later. I have added more detail painting of the cockpit and a olive green wash to the seat as well a black wash to the rest of the interior. You will also notice that I have green tinted the upper glass of the rear canopy.

Terry

DSC02290.JPG

DSC02291.JPG

KRIEG ADLER PROJECT "THE WINGS OF THE EAGLE"

Looking good. The cockpit has just the right amount of clutter without being too much. Nice work on the canopy pistons.
James

KRIEG ADLER PROJECT "THE WINGS OF THE EAGLE"

Looking good. The cockpit has just the right amount of clutter without being too much. Nice work on the canopy pistons.
James

Thank you James!

B)

While the future is curing on the canopies I moved on to the wing/fuselage. The parts have decent detail on the outside, the inside is completly open. The area that appears to be air intakes is completly open and you can see the whole interior. So I'm working on closeing that up and adding details. More on that later. I have added more detail painting of the cockpit and a olive green wash to the seat as well a black wash to the rest of the interior. You will also notice that I have green tinted the upper glass of the rear canopy.

Terry

DSC02290.JPG

DSC02291.JPG

Wow, shaped up real quick didn't it! Looks good Terry. :mpup

The bird has legs and pondering the weapons layout.

Terry :hmmm

DSC02292.JPG

Back