• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Just a Sherman

Looks awesome Bob. Very well done. Kust as an aside, I glued my tracks together and let them dry well. My drive sprockets were not attached. I slipped the track over everything then put the drive sprocket in the track and then slid it into its mount. Didnt have to stretch anything or fuss about. Hope thats of some use to you.
James

I used Tamiya Green cap. First one I used white cap put the tracks together and then green cap. Second just put the tracks together and green. Used a cloths pin to hold the join closed.
James

I got the green cap so good news! Would Tanex7 work on this stuff?

Here's a couple more shots, let me know if I've taken it to far or not far enough.

Sherman018.jpg

First I looped the tow cable around and secured it but it doesn't lay naturally here. not sure I'll use it.

Here I did some more dry brushing, and not so dry brushing building up more color, hard to see but there are a couple of colors at work here.
Sherman019.jpg

Sherman020.jpg

Sherman021.jpg

Well?

Funny how looking at the pictures you can see what you cant' see looking at it. I can see I need to feather the splatters out, it doesn't look natural.

Well I'm "not a lot of mud" kind of guy so I think you are far enough.

:D

First I looped the tow cable around and secured it but it doesn't lay naturally here. not sure I'll use it.

Don't place the cable there. The gun travel lock has more frequent use than the tow cable and the latter impedes the use of the former. Not to mention that a simple spring loaded latch locked the gun travel lock to the hull, a good jolt and it could come loose!

100_1183.jpg

m36-b1-gun-travel-lock.jpg

This is an M-36 but look at the latch.

Regards,

Only tried to do it because I saw a picture of one stowed like that.

Thanks Terry, I am going to feather it out some.

Looks great to me!

Steel cable doesn't lay flat or conform to the shape of what it is laying on. Steel cable is steel cable!!!!! It isn't rope.

No, you don't need to feather it out. Mud splashes are not symmetrical.

They are mud splashes. They are random. Everything is cool. Just put the tracks on, finish out the details and then decide if it is too much or too less.

So far, it looks good to me!

Bob

:mpup B)
Mud looks cool - maybe splatter pattern some off the brush a bit? That will give i a bit more drama.

Looks good though anyway.

Ian.

Tried a little splattering, may be too subtle again.

Also did some burnt umber washing and streaking around the gas fills.

Sherman022.jpg

Sherman023.jpg

Sherman024.jpg

Sherman025.jpg

Sherman026.jpg

Sherman027.jpg

Sherman028.jpg

I've seen a couple of spots I need to touch up but unless there's any suggestions, I'm calling this done.

That is looking just swell! You should be ashamed of yourself though, chasing an old lady with a Tommy cooker! :D (y) (y) :drinks

Back