• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Ju 388- Planet Models 1/48 Resin

Oh, you guys! Can you tell I'm havin' fun here? I've been going through all my various Eduard sets looking for stuff that can be soldered... :gogo

Soldered, Eduards? If you get Ed to solder let me know. They coat their stuff in something that keeps it from being soldered. not sure what it is. I have been able to scrub down to brass but it's a real PITA and most time not worth the effort, or at least not my effort.

Well, I've never had a problem- soldered their stuff back on my U-boot with problems. You see the flux goo I use- maybe that's the difference. Lacquer thinner works really well if parts get really dirty, too. :huh: There's a guy on Hyperscale soldering up slat armor for his Stryker, gawd bless 'im!

U-Boat??? :mpup

did you scrub the coating off the Eduard PE first? It just ain't gonna happen with Eduard coming out of the package. Not the current stuff at least.

No. I just heated it up 'n' stuff. I soldered some little bits here and there in the Me410, too. Maybe I'm just lucky? Or good-looking? Kind to animals?

Yes, I built a 1/72 U-boat- the only prob is that I named the files all different, non-sequential names- it would be a bear to sort out. I should be able to post some finished pics- I was really amazed to take 3rd in the Nats at Anaheim a couple of years ago.

Not only is your work sublime, Chuk, but you present it in such a way that even dense English boys can understand :ro: :ro:

Thanks, dense English boy! ;)

A bit more progress- show us, Hannah!

388_061.jpg

388_062.jpg

388_063.jpg

388_064.jpg

388_065.jpg

388_066.jpg

388_067.jpg

388_068.jpg

388_069.jpg

388_070.jpg

My thanks and blushes! There's nothing like good photo ref to give you the confidence to break out thge styrene and go for it! I've really been getting a lot of use out of my punch-and-die sets- a really good investment!

Cheers!
chuk

Thanks, Christian!

I wish all my fellow Americans a safe and happy holiday weekend- and hope that you will join me in giving thanks to those who gave all in the service of our nation.

Memorial_Day_2011.jpg

Fritzi needs a break, too- let's check in on her progress...

388_071.jpg

388_072.jpg

388_073.jpg

388_074.jpg

388_075.jpg

388_076.jpg

388_077.jpg

388_078.jpg

388_079.jpg

388_080.jpg

388_081.jpg

Back