• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Fokker Eindecker

Thanks guys, really humbled, before I show these next shots y'all need to check out the Wingnut Wings website and see how these things got oil stains all over them. http://www.wingnutwings.com/ww/

It might be over done but it's really neat how the flat coat soaks up the washes.

Here's a quick update.

Starting from the underside center and working out. Figure inside the landing gear would be toughest. Think I'm right about that.
h8d6f748.jpg

Elevator and wing warp control lines installed. Ended up being pretty easy as it's really only one line looped up inside the cockpit and back around.

these weren't so easy...

hb814a64.jpg

h8535952.jpg

But they are done, I see one line I didn't trim, we'll snip that ASAP.

And Phil, hold on to your poop chute, we're gettin' dirty and oily over here.

h1968614.jpg

Seriously, what do y'all think, too much, not enough or am I freakin' crazy? :idonno

I have a weak spot for dirty armor,not sure about aircraft but I do find it intersting to see it done so heavy on this one MP! :popcorn

Gr,Ron.

Not sure Bob but don't you think it would be streaking towards the back ? :hmmm

Cheers, Christian B)

Oil soaking into the fabric. :hmmm

did you look at the pictures at Wingnut Wings?

Not to worry, I still can remove some.

What a productive day!!

hefabde3.jpg

h3067a0e.jpg

hb3379f5.jpg

h2e14232.jpg

I got my :geek with the rigging. Figured out how things attached and went to town. Topside will be a breeze as everything is very accessible. I'm going to TRY to use some stiff wire up top to pull the wings back to level. Not sure when they got that downward droop or why, maybe there's too much pulling on it now.

Not sure Bob but don't you think it would be streaking towards the back ? :hmmm

Cheers, Christian B)

Oil soaking into the fabric. :hmmm

did you look at the pictures at Wingnut Wings?

Not to worry, I still can remove some.

What a productive day!!

hefabde3.jpg

h3067a0e.jpg

hb3379f5.jpg

h2e14232.jpg

I got my :geek with the rigging. Figured out how things attached and went to town. Topside will be a breeze as everything is very accessible. I'm going to TRY to use some stiff wire up top to pull the wings back to level. Not sure when they got that downward droop or why, maybe there's too much pulling on it now.

I really don't look at their pictures Bob that would just lead me to coveting :evil:

I would have though that the fabric would have been doped and that would keep the oil from soaking in.

But I don't claim to know much about biplanes :idonno Looks convincing it they were not doped :)

Cheers, Christian B)

I really don't look at their pictures Bob that would just lead me to coveting :evil:

I would have though that the fabric would have been doped and that would keep the oil from soaking in.

But I don't claim to know much about biplanes :idonno Looks convincing it they were not doped :)

Cheers, Christian B)

I guess you don't know much about biplanes...this is a monoplane.. :smack :rotf

Thanks Dave, I have already toned it down some and will do it more streaking effect.

I think instead of blotches it would be an area effect. The oil soaked in and ran up wherever there was something that could give it capillary effect such as ribs and stringers and then blossomed from there. Its a hard weathering to do. Wish I knew how.
Chris, even though the canvas was doped it did stain and collect oil. I think it was something like every 6 months or so they changed the fabric. Reading one book it added a lot of weight and a loss of speed.

Dont know if these will help.

Fokker-Eindecker-171.jpg

You can see it especially on the bottom formers in this pic

Fokker_M5K-MG_E5-15.jpg

800px-Parschau%27s_E1-15.jpg

800px-Otto_Parschau%27s_A-16-15_Eindecker.jpg

On one hand I really like it and on the other the blotches dont seem right. Big thing is though are you happy with it? It does look like a well used machine ready for a skin change soon.
James

Thanks Chuck, I have toned it down a bit but left the ribs soaking...nothing like good marinated ribs :drinks

Back