• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

F-102 Delta Dagger in the Delta

A very small update here.

I shot the bottom of the Dagger again since the camo grey got messed up. Now I can decal this bird:

WIP_CDS_Meng_F-102_Dagger_XXVIIc.jpg

Stay tuned, more to come.

After an interesting start to the New Year, I finally managed to get some bench time; mostly thanks to my monthly St. Crispin's Irregulars Hobby Day. Here is where I am now.

I finally completed my decals on the F-102 Delta Dagger. Now I can dullcoat this and complete the final details:

WIP_CDS_Meng_F-102_Dagger_XXVIId.jpg

WIP_CDS_Meng_F-102_Dagger_XXVIIe.jpg

After this, I'll be adding the landing gear and installing the missile launch racks with the Falcon missiles on them. I intend to show them lowered so they can be seen.

Stay tuned, more to come.... hopefully a lot faster than this current update!

Nice looking bird, Duke.
I to love the 102 in three tones.
It adds class to the design.
Press onward to the finish line.
Frank
:drinks

Thanks Frank! I also love this bird in three-tone camo. It certainly does add class.

Pressing on my friend!

Thanks Bob!

Thanks guys! Glad you like it. I managed to get some more progress done on this; pics hopefully tomorrow.

By the way Gary, I'm 'Mark'. LOL! :Hiay :good:

Okay, here's another small update, thanks to the time had yesterday to work on models.

The F-102 has been coming along. After dullcoating this plane once the decals dried, I peeled the masking off the windows. It took a bit of cleanup afterward to make the canopy look well enough:

WIP_CDS_Meng_F-102_Dagger_XXVIIIa.jpg

WIP_CDS_Meng_F-102_Dagger_XXVIIIb.jpg

After doing that I had also started the missile racks underneath. But first, I shot some white on the AIM-4 Falcons and set them aside to dry while I worked on the rest of the plane:

WIP_CDS_Meng_F-102_Dagger_XXX.jpg

As mentioned, I started the missile racks in the weapon's bay first, adding the lowered racks to the interior:

WIP_CDS_Meng_F-102_Dagger_XXIXa.jpg

WIP_CDS_Meng_F-102_Dagger_XXIXb.jpg

Once they had dried enough, I completed the painting of the interior of the weapons bay as well as the landing gear bays:

WIP_CDS_Meng_F-102_Dagger_XXIXc.jpg

After a break and after checking the missiles to see if they were dry enough; I masked off the forward parts of the Falcons and painted the rear section red:

WIP_CDS_Meng_F-102_Dagger_XXXa.jpg

While those were drying, I added the main landing gear as well as the gear doors and weapons bay doors:

WIP_CDS_Meng_F-102_Dagger_XXIXd.jpg

Next came the nose gear and the wheels. I cemented them in place once the gear doors and main landing gear were dry enough:

WIP_CDS_Meng_F-102_Dagger_XXIXe.jpg

Finally, after adding a little more white to the missile fins, I cemented the AIM-4 Falcons in place on the launch racks:

WIP_CDS_Meng_F-102_Dagger_XXXI.jpg

After a bit of touch up and final parts additions, this bird will be finished. I am hoping to have it finished today.

Thanks for looking in, comments are welcome.

Looks good. I never really knew how a F-102 carried it's weaponry. Now I know, thanks to you building this model and showing your steps of constructions, and like they used to say on the old GI Joe cartoons of the 1980's..."Now you know, and knowing is half the battle! GI Joe!"

Great work!
Cheers,
James

Back