• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

F-102 Delta Dagger in the Delta

At Hobby Day this past weekend I pulled out my F-102 Delta Dagger to get more done on it. I started out finishing a few minor details on the cockpit and then I cemented it inside the two fuselage halves along with the exhaust shroud:

WIP_CDS_Meng_F-102_Dagger_IX.jpg

This went together well, I had no seam issues at all. The gap you see on top is because I didn't add cement to the spine of this yet. There is a long opening along the bottom of this that gives no support to the fuselage when pressing it together. So I cemented the ends together and later on when it was dry, I cemented the spine when I could hold it better.

After some time I snapped the wing assembly into the fuselage to see how it fit. This fits like a glove:

WIP_CDS_Meng_F-102_Dagger_X.jpg

That is only dry fit in there!

Later on when I had cemented the spine and let it dry, I then added the nose. Again, the wings are only snapped into place and not glued yet:
WIP_CDS_Meng_F-102_Dagger_XI.jpg

Some time after that, I dipped the canopy parts in Future and now they are drying. I should be able to close up the cockpit tomorrow. Thanks for looking in, comments are welcome. Stay tuned for more.

Thanks guys! I still need to find the right decals for a camouflaged bird since Ive been informed that this decal sheet does not have the right ones.

Stay tuned, more to come.

I think you will just need a white numbers sheet Mark I would have given you some of mine if Soof Efrican postal service would not take a year to get there

Thanks Dave. I'll see what I can find here. I do appreciate the thought though.

I have another small update to post here.

I pulled out my Delta Dagger and installed the canopy on it:

WIP_CDS_Meng_F-102_Dagger_XII.jpg

Those twist ties work perfectly for holding something in place that a clamp would be too strong for.

The next thing to do is get the wings installed on the fuselage:

WIP_CDS_Meng_F-102_Dagger_XIII.jpg

Everything fit so well again. Now I can prepare this for paint:

WIP_CDS_Meng_F-102_Dagger_XIV.jpg

That's all I have on this for now. Hopefully soon I'll be able to shoot some paint!

Stay tuned, more to come.

Thanks for all the great replies guys! I got that twist tie tip many, many years ago. Feel free to use it!

With my luck, parts always fit till glue is applied. Gary S.

I know the feeling. That happens to me all the time too. This was one of the first times it didn't!

Meng has done two kits of the F-102. The other is a Case XX airplane and comes with the PK tail codes in SEA camouflage. DS005 is the kit number.

Nice tip on the twist tie.

Back