• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Earth 2111

Make a bio about you or a character. Can be anywhere based on the loose storyline that was given. That way the story can be fleshed out. Then build something from this time again remembering the world isnt a technological place anymore. Your only limit is your imagination.
James

This I can do, and the storyline for 'my' people is pretty open ended and will involve no one group in particular. 'We' are simply opportunists, wandering the eastern seaboard area.

Yeah I think the build focus will center around contact with the R.O.T.

I hadn't planned on any contact with the Republic of Texas though, unless they plan on visiting the east coast as my ideas are centered around a fairly settled band of east coast 'people'. As mentioned earlier we are also not into communicating via radio, other than listening for our next target/opportunity. my characters aren't well supplied, don't have much in the means of traveling long distances.

:hmmm

I intended on making some small vignettes of these 'raiders' and any future story bits I intended on telling wouldn't pigeonhole any other group (or myself) into the need to coincide with my ramblings, nor mine with theirs. If anyone wanted to allude to being attacked by us or what have you that's fine but I don't see us trekking across the continent when there must be enough to keep us busy around here.

:idonno

March 3, 2111

Journal Entry of Isaac Scribbleboard.

Dang it, it was cold this morning. -15F and the wind blowing like a scythe silently sweeping through stalks of unsuspecting grain. I got up early and ran the antenna wire for the radio up the old tower on top of the station. Stupid I know considering the weather, but I really want to see if we can reach anyone else besides the trader's caravan. I really don't trust them, and the news they are willing to share about outsiders. Coming down the tower, I accidently brushed my cheek on the girders and nearly froze myself to the metal, I'm sure that will leave a scar. It was so cold that my eye lashes were freezing together and every breath I took was like a jab with a jagged knife. I sure wish it would warm up some. I think the cold is getting to Gramps too, he seems to be complaining more and more of his old stiff joints. Jimmy juiced up some old batteries with the solar array panels we got from the Valley. Sure wish we could use some of the diesel in the bunker's generator, but Gramps says that is for emergencies only, but those panels are so old and degraded that it took all day to get just a 1/4 charge. Was a total waste of time of course, because that radio will only receive, I could hear some chatter about Video transmission from a place call Dix, but they couldn't hear me. I knew those traders were untrustworthy. I guess I am going to have to sneek out and see if I can find some parts in Chittenden...

Make a bio about you or a character. Can be anywhere based on the loose storyline that was given. That way the story can be fleshed out. Then build something from this time again remembering the world isnt a technological place anymore. Your only limit is your imagination.
James

This I can do, and the storyline for 'my' people is pretty open ended and will involve no one group in particular. 'We' are simply opportunists, wandering the eastern seaboard area.

Yeah I think the build focus will center around contact with the R.O.T.

I hadn't planned on any contact with the Republic of Texas though, unless they plan on visiting the east coast as my ideas are centered around a fairly settled band of east coast 'people'. As mentioned earlier we are also not into communicating via radio, other than listening for our next target/opportunity. my characters aren't well supplied, don't have much in the means of traveling long distances.

:hmmm

I intended on making some small vignettes of these 'raiders' and any future story bits I intended on telling wouldn't pigeonhole any other group (or myself) into the need to coincide with my ramblings, nor mine with theirs. If anyone wanted to allude to being attacked by us or what have you that's fine but I don't see us trekking across the continent when there must be enough to keep us busy around here.

:idonno

Maybe the R.O.T. makes contact with you. Lend a helping hand maybe.

Terry B)

Physical contact was never really intended anyway , .......... merely some people being able to contact others via radio to see how other global groups are surviving , and the radio contact will help for the continuing story line .

Ken the way I read your story is you're the " others " , the radiated , infected , shunned group [ which is a brilliant take by the way ] , using the radio to avoid or attack other groups , ....... once again , very cool to have builds from the " other side "

Stand alone no contact builds on your survival life is cool , it's your way of life in 2111 , show us through your builds .

The only thing asked is your builds/bios/life/survival is loosely based on James first scenario story .
In other words , no STAR TREK , type stuff , ......... we're looking for warriors of the wasteland , nomads of the wasteland etc.
Actual - possible what ifs one hundred years after 2011 .

Ken the way I read your story is you're the " others " , the radiated , infected , shunned group [ which is a brilliant take by the way ] , using the radio to avoid or attack other groups , ....... once again , very cool to have builds from the " other side "

Exactly.

For a minute there I was second guessing myself, I thought what I wrote wasn't clear, but your take on what you've read is spot on.

I'm creating another subspecies altogether, those that were tossed aside after birth, left to die, shunned by the 'normals'. A creature like humanoid created as a result of the radioactivity or something. This sub human species has not only survived but multiplied and even perhaps thrived in this new world.

They are the creatures of the night, they are thieves and murderous cannibals, the monsters that the surviving 'normal humans' might write stories about, or fear meeting, or know only by their frightening sounds at night, their rotting corpses found after chance meetings/attacks.

The only thing asked is your builds/bios/life/survival is loosely based on James first scenario story .
In other words , no STAR TREK , type stuff , ......... we're looking for warriors of the wasteland , nomads of the wasteland etc.
Actual - possible what ifs one hundred years after 2011 .

Yeah I get that totally, I'm thinking 'Mad Max' only even scarier.

In fact, my 'people' will most likely be far more primitive than most, if not all of the others. They don't use the radios to communicate, they don't have a caravan of vehicles, solar collectors, generators, politics, jobs, or any other type of human ideals etc.

They may have figured out how to use hand held weapons like rifles and grenades, but only because of witnessing generations of each other being slaughtered by them, there may be a small handful who understand how to operate a simple vehicle but they don't have the knowledge passed down to understand the inner workings, or how to build/repair one from scratch.

They are primitive sub human creatures who's only interest/motive is survival.

Beautiful , ..... base " o " sub-humanity , .... more driven by thousands of years of gut instinct " street smarts " , because of their one hundred years of banishment .

This should fit in nicely with the story line , rather than having your specie be in contact with the " norms " , and you having to write anything , we can write up how some of our groups may have been to Fenway Park , [ :laugh: ] ............ and during the night , ........... some went missing .

Your build pics can be incorporated into the story line as photos taken by groups that had the misfortune to be in the New England area , and much like the rare Big Foot photos , we can share and write and incorporate the pics into the on going tale .
The neat part on your end could be vague pics of your specie , not normal pics of a build where you focus on everything for detail , ........... but a slightly visible fig in the woods etc.
Never definitive proof , ........ yet something humanoid is in those photos dam it !!!

Mystery and things that go bump in the night , ......... crypto zoology , ........ sorta ......... [ spelt crypto wrong ] , got a spell check red line under spelt too , ......

This is great stuff! I have nothing in my stash that would work into this really, but I do like reading this all and am anxious to see what everyone will be working on. Ken's subspecies remind me of the mutants in Will Smith's I Am Legend flick...

DATE: 631001000

We decided to to move our area of operation towards what was formerly known as the Balkans. From information that we gathered it appears that this area is one of the lesser contaminated areas. We hope that we will be able to find a more populated area which could allow us to either offer our services or if need arises to replenish our supplies by force. Tho we all hope that this won't be necessary.

Our comm gear is still not working properly. We do receive transmissions but are not able to send. A reliable power supply is our biggest problem.

One of the transmissions we received was about an attack on a caravan. We tried to hurry to their aid but it took us almost 2 days to reach the site of the attack.

When we arrived we were surprised to see no bodies even tho an intense fight must have taken place. Also all food supplies were gone as well as as most of the comm gear. We suspect that only functioning comm gear was taken. The absence of bodies deeply concerns us. What is roaming this area?

We were able to get one of the convoy vehicles running again. It's a little tank. I think its called a Wiesel. I am sure it will come in very handy with its small cannon. Also we were able to find some ammo and collect fuel out of the vehicles that we were unable to get working again.

So whatever is roaming this wilderness doesn't seem to have a need for weapons, just food (missing bodies?) and comm gear. What is it?

We left the area as soon as we were done. No need for risking ourselves.

Our guards will be doubled at night. Nobody is happy about it, but for me I'd rather be tired than dead.

The Supreme Commander

Well, here's a little something about what's happening South of the equator... :huh:

“Shut up PC… you sound like it’s your first patrol.”
“But did’ya see the size of that mother, Roller?!?”
“Yes… it’s huge, but not unlike others that we’ve seen roaming the area since we left the safety perimeter… and there’ll be no trouble as long as we stay in the car.”

The night was pitch black, no lights or reflections to be seen except for the dim green glow of car’s dials… it was business as usual. The night vision goggles came in handy and the external microphones brought in a myriad of sounds from the jungle outside - it had been Mick’s idea to install them… said we’d need to monitor our environment if we were to stay alive. He was right; there were strange and dangerous creatures out there. The Event had changed it all… mutations of all kinds were an everyday affair.

“Do you really think that we’ll find people there?” - asked Juliano for the hundredth time.
“I don’t know… maybe it’s just an automatic beacon set to repeat the message ‘til there’s no juice left in the batteries…” Who could tell? I didn’t want to get expectations too high. “What we want are the batteries and the transmitting equipment the Professor asked us too bring back.”

We needed hope, a commodity becoming rare as time went by. We’d been isolated in the sub-tropical rain forest for too long and yearned for contact with other humans. The discovery, by one of our long distance patrols, of the military arsenal in the city of Cascavel three weeks ago had been a breakthrough. Tanks, trucks, armor, ammunition and fuel had been found in pristine condition in their underground bunkers at the 15th Motorized Infantry Brigade of the Brazilian Army's Southern Command. But there had been no one around to tell the tale though… seemed all had perished, or were gone.

Progress on the few roads left was slow, as the vegetation was claiming back the land it had lost to man so many years ago. We had left our fortress four days ago and had covered a meager 190 clics.

“How long ‘til we get to Pioneer Point?” – Gords’ question broke the silence.
“F..k off, Gords… you know better than to ask!” I replied. “We'll get there when we get there. Now keep your eyes on the road, don’t wanna run into trouble… we gotta get to that beacon as soon as possible.”

I ask your patience with my English, as it's far from having any style or whatever. Next chapter will probably reveal what my build will be... ;)

Cheers and lets keep this rolling! :ro:
Fernao

March 5, 2111

Richmond VT

Made it halfway to Chittenden. Solar bike won't keep a charge again, and I hope I can fix it. Found an empty bunker under the ruin of the fire station. It had been cleaned out but the door lock still functions so I should have a safe space to spend the night and spend some time trying to fix the bike. I had some time before night fall to do some exploring. This was a pretty small town, really just a few houses along the main road and a few on a cross street. There is an old general store with gas pumps out front, a hardware store and an auto repair garage. There was no fuel in the tanks at the General store, and the roof had collapsed so there was nothing useful in there. I did manage to scrounge some wire spools and old solar powered garden lighting that I can use to hopefully repair the bike.

I did find something disturbing in the garage. Not really sure how to describe it, but it was pretty obvious that some kind of skirmish took place here not too long ago. There were some human remains,I think one of them might have been Mary Singer, and then there was something else. The only way I can describe it is to say that the thing looked like it had once been human, sorta.

Somthing is scraping on the bunker door! Sounds too big to be a rat, I hope it's not a catamount or a bear! Sure glad I set the lock...

Beautiful John , ......... very cool with the Bill Nye the science guy with the solar lawn lights and the bike , ..... beautiful !!!

Also the cliff hanger , ..................

I walked north for the first time in a while today. It took days. Black Mountain is still there, sort of. It sheilded the southeast end of the valley, but that was all it did.

At 1500 feet above the drylake bed that was once a thriving community, I could finally see what I'd been avoiding for all this time. Little remained. None of the high rise towers, buildings, or attractions of the resorts were recognizable. Living here, and working the Boulevard as his beat, My great grandfather was all to familiar with this city. Only my intimate knowledge of what was once the greatest adult playground in the old USA (whatever that was) allowed me to identify it's remains. Even so, all that I know has been told to me by my parents.

Refuge has been an old underground missle silo. Grandpa said it was in a place called Kalafornya. All I know is if it weren't for the old military building the installation, my family wouldn't have survived.

I learned this was once a desert. Lord it's cold here now, snow, ice, and sleet storms that will suck the life from you. Generations ago nuclear bombs were tested close by. I'm told this is what yet keeps this valley barren, when other wastelands have become fertile.

Thank God the valley is so flat. Almost 25 miles away, Jeez, I could just barely make them out. They are the only thing moving.

Problem is, if I can see them, can they see me?

G

...SCK...BRAVO-1-4...THIS IS KING-6..OVER...SCK...BRAVO-1-4...KING-6 WHAT'S YOUR SITREP...OVER...SCK.....

...SCK...KING-6 THIS IS BRAVO-1-4...OVER...SCK...BRAVO-1-4..THIS IS KING-6 GO AHEAD...OVER...SCK.....

...SCK...KING-6 I THINK WE INTERUPTED SOMEONES DINNER...OVER...SCK....

...SCK...BRAVO-1-4 THIS IS KING-6 SAY AGAIN...OVER...SCK....

...SCK...CANNABLES KING-6...OVER...SCK.........

My name is Capt. Cooper Anderson. I am Captain of a 100 year old nuclear powered submarine the R.T.S. Virginia that is as my Grandpa used to say is held together with bailing wire and spit. Even as old as she is she can still make 25 knots under water. The Virginia is currently on a survey/recon mission up the eastern seaboard of North America. As we came near to what's left of New York City we began to receive a comm signal comming from old Fort Dix. It doesn't sound like it's automated. I have sent a recon team from Bravo company 4th Infantry to check it out. If there are real people there the power suits those guys wear will probably scare the hell out of them. The did me.

See WIP "R.O.T. RECON" for more info.

Terry ;)

Twice now I have typed up an intro only to have the session time out....I'm going to do it piecemeal.

John Boston Kennedy is the name, JB works, I'm a farmer. Our lands are fertile because the folks around here forgot how to farm for many generations as they moved into the cotton plants, then the manufacturing plants. It gave the earth time to replenish and we keep close tabs on what's grown so we don't turn our dirt into sand.

Our Grandfathers were protected by the Blue Ridge Mountains and the prevailing winds when the nukes went off. Ironic that those that destroyed the old world, has also helped maintain and rebuild the new one. The Nuclear Powerplants are still humming along. There's been 4 or 5 generations of technicians keeping those plants running, it's our job to feed them. We farmers are the life blood of the area. They called this area South Carolina but very little of what the old maps show is still here. Apprenticeship education system is working well for us so far. We get kids at age 5 or younger to start learning how to work the farms. They grow old fast but they know their jobs.

It's amazing what a carpetbagger will trade for a fresh peach or carrot. We feed the families of the Special Forces guys down in Augusta, they earn that food. Generations of training has really honed their skills. All we have to do is feed them and they keep us safe. With a little help from the radioactive crap the old folks dumped down in that Savannah River Plant site, they use to call it the Bomb Plant, not sure how many of those nukes that went off were built there, far to say a good number of them did.

Probably have already talked to much already, but we'll see.

Terry , cool suits , where'd ya get em ?

Good lead in for me to incorporate in my story , ........ we'll talk .
I can use this about how our l.r.p.'s guys ran into some of these suit dudes out in the Pine Barrens , ......... and freaked .

Pup , nice start , I've typed some long and windy blurbs but the session never timed out , even though I thought it would , .... odd .

Back