• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

chukw- Me509

Wait - is there a chuk Me 262 build out there somewhere that I'm not aware of? Please enlighten me! :yipee

Looking good as always!

Well Chuck, when you said that the campaign ended at the end of January (instead of December) (don't know why I thought that) I decided to at least try and do an entry (and finish it) If nothing else I made a decent donation for the cause.
Keep up the good work your 509 is looking good!

Thanks, guys! Mike- no Me262 just yet... ;)

Chukw, if you don't have one in the stash, the Trumpeter 1/32nd scale kit or the pantograph down sized 1/48 Hobby Boss kits are the ones to look for as they are the best. Have one Trimaster, another Dragon clone, and a Monogram kit in 1/48th scale (I gave away my 32nd scale Hasegawa kits), I have no need for the Hobby Boss. If looking for something smaller, all need help. I have the Heller B model, Academy A, and both Revell A & B models.

Regards,

Maybe a 262 is the next challenge! :geek

Sharkmouth - is the Hobby Boss 1/48 Me-262 kit better then the Tamiya?

Thanks again, guys! Saul- I have a Tamiya 1/48, with a set of Cutting Edge slats. ;)

As far as making the deadline- weeeell. I only model on the weekends, and that's only if I'm free. I took a hard look at my schedule and gave myself a longer deadline- like, when it gets done! I've modified the landing struts and doors, make a tropical sand filter and redid some little scoops and fairings that got damaged. I even bought a base and set of PE for the sand kubel that will go with it. I have some very interesting plans for the base- Moon Pup knows... ;)

I may be slow- but I'll get it done! :pilot

I understand - real life seems to have a bad habit of getting in the way of hobbies especially when we're on a schedule! There is a guys in my local IPMS club that has a new completed build at every monthly meeting. And they are really good too! Not just slapped together. No idea how he does it. I have a hard time turning out 2 a year! And I have a very understaning wife unit!

Just the same - looking forward to your next post, It is a joy to watch and learn from you!

Mike

I do know what you mean there Chuck! My project is moving but has been a real pain in the can. Won't know myself if it will make deadline until it happens or not. Just depends on how much rework I have to do to the resin. (sigh) Thought it would be ok to do within a month. :bang head

:beer

Well, then, moving right- let's look at some legs!

509_039.jpg

509_040.jpg

509_041.jpg

509_042.jpg

509_043.jpg

509_044.jpg

509_045.jpg

509_046.jpg

509_047.jpg

509_048.jpg

509_049.jpg

509_050.jpg

Hannah_007.jpg

Fritzi_006.jpg

Always in awe at your work Chuk, this one no exception! what I really liked was the simple but very effective brake line clamps, things like that just put the icing on the cake!

Back