• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

chukw- Me509

Thanks, Phil!

Here's the latest scooby- from our gal Fritzi.

509_017.jpg

509_018.jpg

509_019.jpg

509_020.jpg

509_021.jpg

509_022.jpg

509_023.jpg

509_024.jpg

509_025.jpg

509_026.jpg

509_027.jpg

509_028.jpg

Fritzi_005.jpg

Outstanding, model is good also. :v :notworthy :notworthy

Now the question, at this rate, will Chuck make the deadline?? :zen :zen

Thanks, everybody- so glad you like it!

Moon, I have off from this Saturday through New Tears- expect to see lots of progress!

As for the scheme, my buddy Peter Allen did a smart Afrika Korps profile. Someone else is already modelling that, so I'm changing up the serials and a thing or two. Fun!

The stuff I miss while working this Midnight to 8 AM shift! Nice to come home to though...

Regards,

Now the question, at this rate, will Chuck make the deadline??

moon puppy
moon puppy
Air Marshall
Air Marshall

C'mon Chuk - you just gotta finish this bird on time - It's a moral imperative !!

While looking for the work of Paul Allen, I came across this similar build:
http://www.scalespot.com/onthebench/me509/build.htm

Regards,

Thanks, guys! Saturday starts my long holiday break- I'ma push on this thing!

Saul, I swiped the whole Quickboost engine idea from Gary's build. I'd hate to outright steal his color scheme as well! I think I'll move the white fuselage band back and shift new A/C codes to the rear as well. Make it a sister ship, right? I also disagree with his/the kit's engine hatches- what's holding the spine together during aerobatic stress? I chose a more Dornier-type approach, and I'm calling mine an Me509B. :gogo

Saul, I swiped the whole Quickboost engine idea from Gary's build. I'd hate to outright steal his color scheme as well!

It is always good to see others' progress as one can then decide what to do differently!

I thought Scheme B's colors with the nose spiral from Scheme A and a little extra would look cool.

With a similar nose profile at the bottom, this wouldn't fly?
profile_p39_07.jpg

Regards,

You know, Saul- I just might have to add a spinner cannon. I wonder how well the prop and motor shafts line up? If they're off a gearbox would be indicated, and allow for a cannon. I was thinking these would be used against American tanks in the second Afrika campaign. Hmmmmmmm.......

Thanks, guys! An update will soon follow. The engine and cockpit are done, installed, and sealed up in the fuse. Stories to be told! Wheel wells are done. Pictures will show ALL! The scheme has been decided. But what- WHAT- could it possibly be??? Patience, Watson- all will be revealed! :evil:

PIC-SHERLOCK.png

Back