• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

chukw- Me509

Excellent as always chuk, I'm interested in you hole punch set up ?? i have some hand held punches but if i had tried to do what you did here, punching a hole near an edge i would have got swelling and a bulge on the edge. Are you punches like a pastry cutter on to a hard surface or do they have matching dies ??

Dear Chuk.

...excelent as usual...the chipping effects on the cockpit floor look very cool :v

Best!

Luiz.

Thanks, friends! Fishing line clippers? Man- are they ever useful- they do a great flush-cut.

Paddy, I have both Waldron punch sets. They have a two-part die base- aluminium and clear acrylic, and a matching set of steel punches. I use an overly-large ball-peen hammer to tap the steel. ;) I do the tapping over my cutting mat, just in case I go all gorilla on it! These are probably the best modeling tools I've ever bought- I use them in every build.

Thanks for that Chuk, i wondered how you lined the punch up with the die but all is explained here

http://www.hyperscale.com/2011/reviews/tools/waldronpunchanddiereviewbg_1.htm

Gotta put that on the Christmas list.
(y)

Punch sets are so helpful, I just wish the Waldron punches werent so frigging expensive. I was going to make my own set, while working at my last job since I had access to a machine shop, but just never had the money to get the required materials, and now I dont have access to the equipment.

(y) (y) that's for the new girl ;)

Great work, I do like how you show how you use some of your tools in the the pictures, thanks.

:popcorn

Nice Job Mr. C.
As usual I paid full price for my seat, but I'm only using the front two inches or so.

Bursting with anticipation,

Bill

Aw, thanks, everybody! UMM USA makes some nice punch sets as well- might want to check their prices.

Next up: opening the engine compartment.

Thanks, Phil!

Here's the latest scooby- from our gal Fritzi.

509_017.jpg

509_018.jpg

509_019.jpg

509_020.jpg

509_021.jpg

509_022.jpg

509_023.jpg

509_024.jpg

509_025.jpg

509_026.jpg

509_027.jpg

509_028.jpg