• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

BROKENEAGLES: Me109G2 Eastern front late 1942 1/32

[sup]Update September[/sup]

Hello All, I have some more updates to pass on. I finally picked up the backdrop perspex and created the sheet to go into the sleeve.
I have also applied some pigments and acrylics to the base.

This shot shows the pigments with fixative over the top of the tilers grout described in the last update.
Some fine sand has also been added for tecture in places.

IMG_0508smaller.jpg

Next was the Acrylic base coat using Tamiya and Vallejio paints mixed.

IMG_0517-1.jpg

IMG_0521smaller.jpg

Looks awful but it serves as an excellent base for the oils and pigments. Paint is not sprayed totally over the previous
layer but is ghosted and applied heavier in patches.

stage4.jpg

I next applied some oils using yello ochre, burnt umber, raw umber and white, all mixed in different groups to achieve
varying colurs lighter than the ground work.

IMG_0514smaller.jpg

I then added pigments to bring back the dust - Ruusian earth, Indust. city dirt, dry mud and black smoke. Once again I mixed these in
varying ratios to achieve a blend af dust tones. Once this was done I went back over the pigments with a dark brown oil mix very lightly
and selectively to pick-up the texure of the ground under the very light dust patches.

stage6oilbrushingdark.jpg

Then I added some dark brown pigments as liquid to some of the holes and let that dry. That should do for now until I attach the plane and begin the secondary blending process.

IMG_0525smaller.jpg

stage5smaller.jpg

:laugh: :unsure:
I know , I know...... I really want to finish this but I need to complete my U-boat and SCI-FI Karl dio first......and now u have me thinking Fokker scourge over xmas - i will never finish anything again at this rate!

Ian.

Back