• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Aussie Mirage IIIO 77 Sqn (FINISHED)

Aussie Mirage IIIO 77 Sqn - 1/48 Kinetic

I couldn't get on it this weekend like I was hoping, but I was able to get a couple hours in tonight after work to get the decals finished up.

DSCF0623.JPG

Time is relative ... Landing lights are on ... bring Her in ... :pilot

Inching closer to the finish.

DSCF0624.JPG

Glosscoat, wheels & gear doors are all that remain.

I spent far too much time dealing with some massive silvering on a few decals. I ended up shooting some dullcote over so I could really see what the decals were doing, then attacked the offending decals with the pointy end of a sharp x-acto knife and finished off with more Micro-Sol. I'll see how things look tonight. :angry:

I'd really like to get this wrapped up...but I'm not willing to leave something half-assed and looking like an eyesore. Fingers crossed the "fix" works. If all is well, I can re-apply the glosscote and continue on.

Still fighting the bugger decals. I finally got the ejection decals to nestle down reasonably well...not perfect...but good enough to deter me from just scraping them off. I'm still not entirely happy w/ the "NO STEP" on the flaps...they are at the point that I don't think they will get any better, so it's either live with them or scrap them off. Being as small as they are, I'll probably just leave them.

I've got some time tonight, so I'll hopefully get to doing the final gloss coat. Then I think tomorrow I may be able to deal w/ the final assembly of the wheels & gear doors.

I'll probably try to figure out what my next build will be tonight after I spray the Mirage. Pearl? Gulf War? Naval? Torpedo? So many choices...and I want to build them all! :laugh:

A couple little pieces of clean up left, some finish pics, and I can put this one to bed. The finish is just around the corner.

DSCF0625.JPG

I spent far too much time dealing with some massive silvering on a few decals. I ended up shooting some dullcote over so I could really see what the decals were doing, then attacked the offending decals with the pointy end of a sharp x-acto knife and finished off with more Micro-Sol. I'll see how things look tonight. :angry:

I'd really like to get this wrapped up...but I'm not willing to leave something half-assed and looking like an eyesore. Fingers crossed the "fix" works. If all is well, I can re-apply the glosscote and continue on.

Are you using the blue label micro-sol or red Micro-Sov Chris ??? .... :idonno :hmmm

Edit - Ok never mind I see you have Both in your photo ... looks good from Texas ... :popcorn

Back