• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Aussie Mirage IIIO 77 Sqn (FINISHED)

Aussie Mirage III - 1/48 Kinetic

Hang in there Chris ... with each day it will get better ... looking good so far ... great pit !!! ... :popcorn

Aussie Mirage III - 1/48 Kinetic

After a month of debating, I've finally selected my exact subject & loadout. I've known for a couple weeks that I wanted the green drab/grey camo over gull grey lower...but haven't been able to pick a squadron or loadout.

77 Sqn A3-78

Still trying to decide on final loadout. It will either be the 3 missle/no drop or 2 missle/2 supersonic drop configuration. I just can't seem to quite decide. I'll probably have to paint the SS drops so they are at least ready to go should I go that route. :coolio

Aussie Mirage IIIO 77 Sqn - 1/48 Kinetic

A little more headway. She's got wings.

DSCF0578.JPG

As we roll into 2016, I'm trying to keep the hammer down to finish this bird in time.

A little fill in the wing root.
DSCF0579.JPG

Flaps installed. The kit provides the option of building either flaps up or down, which I thought was a nice feature. Opted for the down position to show off the multi panel flap assembly.
DSCF0582.JPG

Finished mucking around with the cockpit. Filled the gaps around the panel shroud and applied a little Gunship Grey drybrush over the black for a subtle weathering.
DSCF0585.JPG

Belatedly noticed a variation in the tail between the Aussie IIIO and South American IIIE BR / IIIEA. Fortunately I caught it before paint. I would've been a might upset had I realized it after the fact. :bang head A little trimming, a little filler and it should turn out OK.
DSCF0586.JPG

Primer coat has begun. Then to identify areas that need touchup filler or re-scribed.
DSCF0587.JPG

Just had a look through the other campaign threads...and it appears as though I may be the last one dragging on. Guess I need to make sure I try like hell to get her finished by the end of the month, as Surf appears to have been the only one to complete one so far.

I'll be breaking out the airbrush this weekend...should be interesting. I've only used an airbrush once before, and that was over a year ago. Hopefully I don't make to much of a muck of it. :S

Just had a look through the other campaign threads...and it appears as though I may be the last one dragging on. Guess I need to make sure I try like hell to get her finished by the end of the month, as Surf appears to have been the only one to complete one so far.

I'll be breaking out the airbrush this weekend...should be interesting. I've only used an airbrush once before, and that was over a year ago. Hopefully I don't make to much of a muck of it. :S

I'am sure you have heard this before but spray thin coats.I spray the top and bottom with 2 thin coat's then stop for 5 or so minutes to let the paint tack off then spray another 2,you should get coverage by then.If you get paint dry on the needle tip use a cotton bud/Q tip to clean it but I'am sure you know what to do. :D :D

Kurt.

So decided to try something new (for me). I've seen the pre-shading done by others, but have not attempted it myself. Figured I'd give it a try as A.) it gives me a chance to play with the airbrush, and B.) if I screw it up, I can just cover it when I do the paint job. Figured it was a low risk opportunity. We'll see how it turns out when I cover it (assuming I don't go too heavy on the topcoat.

DSCF0606.JPG

:good: Good on ya, as the locals here say.

Ian.

Belly coat down. I should've mixed the paint a bit thinner, but it turned out alright.

DSCF0607.JPG

Back