• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Aussie Mirage IIIO 77 Sqn (FINISHED)

Aussie Mirage IIIO 77 Sqn - 1/48 Kinetic

I've got a couple little oopsies that need to be dealt with. I'm still struggling with spray consistency, so I've got a couple "almost" runs to clean up. Once those are fixed it will probably be passable. Unfortunately the pre-shading on the topside is virtually invisible. Operator error with the airbrush trying to get fairly uniform coverage in the camo areas.

I'm my own worst critic. :laugh:

DSCF0608.JPG

Still looking good to me. I dont see the oopsies and I understand the own worst critic syndrome.
James

I've yet to pull off a preshade, I have too heavy a hand when spraying but can lighten up on the post shade. Looking good from here! :popcorn

This was the little oopsie. There is another one on the other side as well. There is likely a couple on the green/dk grey transitions, but they don't stand out so I'm not worried about those.

DSCF0610.JPG

I need to try to get back on this. Things have been pretty hectic the past couple weeks between broken cars, selling a car, coordinating a team for a 24 hour race (and driving in the race this past weekend)...and 2 more big races this coming weekend (one of which I need to finish the MA paint for), means there's no slowing down for me. :frantic

It's looking unlikely I'll be done in time...but I haven't given up yet. It ain't over until the final gunshot rings. :java

Got the little run on the side of the front fuselage fixed. Also painted the gear wells while I had the air brush out. I'll be getting it covered in gloss coat in a little bit once the paint dries. Then with a little luck I'll be doing decals this evening.

Don't sweat the small stuff Chris ... You Got this ... and she's looking good ... so quit critiquing your work so much ... nice bird dude ... (y) :pilot :ro:

Decals underway. Lots of stencils..... :pinch:

Also getting some of the underpinnings pre-assembled.

DSCF0615.JPG

As I feared...I've come up short. I'm going to keep going on it though, as I want to see it through. Hopefully I'll be able to finish it up by the end of the week or next weekend. I've got 90% of the decals on...just got a couple stencils left for the topsides, plus numbers on the gear doors. Then all that will be left is another top coat, finish up the gear/doors, radome, and the armament. Almost there. Soon. :soldier

DSCF0617.JPG

Not going to pull the rug out from anyone this close to finishing. Git'er done :popcorn

I've gotta say, while I've griped a bit about the cleanliness of the mold parts...the Kinetic decals are quite nice. Minimal flashing, crisp. I've been using the kit stencils where I can because of that.

I hope to be back on it Tuesday to make some more headway.

I've gotta say, while I've griped a bit about the cleanliness of the mold parts...the Kinetic decals are quite nice. Minimal flashing, crisp. I've been using the kit stencils where I can because of that.

I hope to be back on it Tuesday to make some more headway.

:popcorn :java :java

No lettin'-up now, you're on finals (I'm still circling the field with mine)... :good:

Ian.

Back