• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

All Righty ... What's on the bench today?

Re: All Righty ... What are you doing today ?

I was to deliver a load by Allentown,PA today. That ain't gonna happen. I am at a TA truck stop on I-70,exit 126 in Ohio. Wind gusts to 50mph,and snow make for dangerous conditions. I am staying here today. :pilot

I was to deliver a load by Allentown,PA today. That ain't gonna happen. I am at a TA truck stop on I-70,exit 126 in Ohio. Wind gusts to 50mph,and snow make for dangerous conditions. I am staying here today. :pilot

Gotta kit to work on?

Man, I remember those days from my time in Minnesota!

Gonna be sunny and semi-warm today, (highs in the high 60's) and I'm heading out to the hall for a day of model building at my Hobby Gathering Friday. I managed to get six models finished yesterday and will hopefully get a couple more done today. Stay tuned guys!

Well, I'm off until after New Year's- :drinks

Oh, and I painted this the other day.

Forest_MaK_001_WIP02.jpg

That's a hell of a point man!

Yep, off here till Jan2, still not helping my figure painting any. you'll see soon enough.

Your not alone Bob, i just painted a couple of guys in a jeep.......the jurys still out on them.... :laugh:
Pics tomorrow when we get some daylight.

That's a hell of a point man!

Yep, off here till Jan2, still not helping my figure painting any. you'll see soon enough.

Well I'm off until May so hopefully I will get better at my figure painting by then lol. Try out Vallejo paint Bob. Stuff works wonders. I also cheated a bit on my last guy and used some Flory wash on him.

Right now I am drinking a Sun King Osiris beer, editing some vacation photos in Lightroom, listening to a live version of Creeping Death (Metallica) and looking online for some pictures of BTR-50's, hopefully with Soviet Naval Infantry markings. Whew....

After a "hellshit" day at my work, I'm trying to relax the muscles drinking a cold Budweiser! :drinks

and answer some friends!

Cheers :drinks

Art

I'm back at work for a day and then off for New Years day. I know I haven't been around much. We bought a mobile home and land Thanksgiving and have been working there on our days off. The mobile home and the property were originally my wife's grandparents' home. They sold it about 15 years ago and we bought it from the couple that bought it from them. We got the land and trailer for $30,000 and will have it paid off in 5 years. After that, we'll either build or by a new manufactured home to put on the lots. After living 3 years in a 12' x 40' cabin, this place is huge!

Front.

house1.jpg

Back.

house2.jpg

Work on the living room

den.jpg

Master bath remodel with the original red tub surround

master_bath.jpg

Bringing the shower stall in through the window

tub_through_shower.jpg

And putting it in place

tub_installation.jpg

Carpet removed from the master bedroom, Ian supervising. B) Paint job courtesy of last renters. :blink

master_bedroom.jpg

10' x 20' addition that will be my man cave/workroom (y)

hobby_room.jpg

Looks like you got some work to do Kenny, I'd offer to help but I'm afraid you'd take me up on it! :rotf

Damn Gator lots of work there. Glad you got your own place now but I am very jelous of your mancave (y)

Damn Gator lots of work there. Glad you got your own place now but I am very jelous of your mancave (y)
What's funny about the mancave is my wife's grandfather built that addition as his "den" back in the 80's before there were mancaves.

Looks like you got some work to do Kenny, I'd offer to help but I'm afraid you'd take me up on it! :rotf
Awe c'mon Pup. Not even for homemade gumbo and a cold beverage?

Man, I'm in for that!

Nice diggs you got there Gator! I'm afraid the traveling expenses getting me there would prove monumental.

Glad to see you finally moving up. Enjoy the new place.

Just finished a nice dinner. The two boys made it. Ham with an experimental Orange, white wine, and course mustard reduction which was really good. And I got the younger fella to make prosciutto wrapped Spargle. Sooo good. Now I'm fat and happy :D
Happy New Years guys and girls :drinks
James

Nice meal James. :drinks

Nothing special here, just hope to get some bench time in.

Back