• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

AFV Club GMC M40

Cool Tony. I'm surprised at the size of the return rollers. They seem so big compared to similar vehicals. Okay, here is a question. Is this the same gun as the Long Tom? If so does that mean that that kits gun is also flawed? Next thing is didnt these also carry the 8 inch gun, or is that something toataly different.
James

Terry i've worked on so many wheels,mini size parts and indy tracks lately my knuckles hurt bad enough to rub my hands down with Ben Gay and wear jersey gloves to hold the heat in. :hmmm The show MUST go on :D

James:
"Is this the same gun as the Long Tom?" YES. The Long Tom kit by AFV is short too.

"Did these carry the 8 inch gun?" YES. It was the M43. It had some minor modifications such as vertical ammo storage instead of horizontal.
It's been ascertained that AFV assumed that the M40 was only a up gunned M43 and that explains the gun error found with the M40 gun in the kit or the company trying to pull a fast one on it customers.

I've been thinking of building a M43 if I can get another M40 and the AFV M115 8 inch howitzer kit.
Both OOP kits,hard to find and when I do they go for crazy money. :(

How's that? Happy to help and Thanks
Tony lee

I dont think I have the M-43, but I am pretty sure I have an M115 8 Incher if you want it.
So reading right if I build another of my Long Toms I will have to add spacers as you did. Good info. Thanks Tony. Oh and next time I'll send you some Muscle Mist, way way better than Ben Gay.
James

Hey James that Mist ain't cheap but i'm looking for it locally anyway. If you say it works that's good enough
for me.

Tracks:
One side assembled and the other is two thirds assembled. The boss said "NO Over Time" so I had to shut the line down.

If I got them any tighter I would hurt myself :laugh:

Pup they went faster than I thought. Once you hit your stride it's Wham Bam. :D
Have a G O O D one folks
Tony lee :)

Hi All You Crumb Crunchers Out There IT's FRIDAY (y)

Left sides tracks are on:

Until I color them it's on to something else that's easier on the fingers. :eek:hyeah

The call is for a good amount of rain over the weekend here and that means more bench time. :D
Enjoy Yours
Tony lee

Hi Folks
Saturday Update time

Filled in some empty spots on the north end. PE,tools and spare track holders were fabricated and installed.

Man it really stormed and rained around 4am this morning. Some of the wind gust were up to 78mph.

Staying dry
Tony lee :D

Back